Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK LAPL convert to French LAPL

So, having moved to France I was flying a G reg aircraft here on my UK LAPL, (UK CofA non Part 21 aircraft – so it had an ARC and annual)
I no longer have that aircraft.
Therefore, to continue to fly and have ready access to local aircraft I think it’s time to get a French LAPL / exchange my UK LAPL for a French LAPL.
Is there a specific DGAC department that handles this? Is it easy to do post Brexit?
I also understand that the DGAC still insist on a class 2 medical for the LAPL, Is that likely to change soon?
TIA
Martin

Dinan, France, France

IIRC the nearest DSAC to Dinan is at Brest and the people there would be the best people to advise you. It’s probably not something that the average instructor would know the answer to offhand.
Yes you will need a Class 2 medical. It will depend on the AME how strict the medical will be. I see no chance of a change to this in the near future. Good thing is that the medical usually costs between €50 and €80, so not as expensive as many other countries.

France

Thanks Gallois,
Is there a list of AME’s perchance?
Email sent to DSAC Brest

Last Edited by MartinBG at 25 Feb 14:05
Dinan, France, France

There should be one on the DGAC website.
However, there is IIRC friendly aeroclubs at both Dinan and Dinard. You would be better off asking there. Some AME’s are preferred. Such things like they turn up on time rather than you waiting 20mins whilst they finish seeing a patient if they are also a GP.
The members of clubs tend to share AME preferences .😉

France
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message