Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this weekend? (16-17 March 2024)

aart wrote:

Appch is slightly challenging. He briefed as follows: Line up very close to the right of this high-voltage line, and get below its height. Point to that big pigsty and make sure you start a 60 degrees right turn before that building. You need to continue your turn and level the roll just over the threshhold, it’s all a little tight.

Is that because of obstacles or noise abatement?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Wow, how many private strips just on the island of Mallorca ?

LFOU, France

For GA there is LESB (AENA), LEIS (used to be UL, now for other GA as well), LEPT (same as LEIS), ‘my’ field Son Alberti, and then there are 3 more private fields, no code. Used to be more fields but they were shut down over the years. LEIS and LEPT and the mentioned 3 private fields have short runways, not suitable for most GA aircraft.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Is that because of obstacles or noise abatement?

Neither. It’s because these power lines basically cross the final approach relatively near to the beginning of the runway. An option is to clear them, and then do an aggressive slip,

Got my Arrow back, finally, after a long time and avionics upgrade, and went for a 3 hours flight to test all systems and fly different instrument approaches.
Everything works great (the GFC 500 is a great A/P!) and having her back feels reeeaaaally good!!

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

NicoKM wrote:

Got my Arrow back, finally, after a long time and avionics upgrade, and went for a 3 hours flight to test all systems and fly different instrument approaches.
Everything works great (the GFC 500 is a great A/P!) and having her back feels reeeaaaally good!!

Are you OK to share the cockpit photos with your classmates? ;)

EGTR

There it is, classmates…;)

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

NicoKM wrote:

There it is, classmates…;)

That is VERY clean & neat cockpit. Thanks!

EGTR

That’s indeed a very elegant panel, well done!

You have quite some space left to make use of. How about:

1) A picture of someone you admire, be it the King, the Pope, your mum, or a certain Peter.
2) A weapons release panel, fits nicely with the mil grey.
3) A big handle that says “passenger ejection, only to be used by pilot”.

I am sure there will be better ideas here soon.

aart wrote:

That’s indeed a very elegant panel, well done!

Not suitable to impress (non flying) passengers though

EDLE
Sign in to add your message