Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

An excellent youtube channel

Just wanted to point you (or at least those who didn’t know about it before) to an excellent aviation channel on youtube:

Dick Rochford’s youtube channel

which has literally hundreds of very interesting instructional videos. While referring to the PA46, most of them are very useful for any IFR pilot.

I would go so far to say that he is something like the “new Dick Collins”. Both are excellent, entertaining, they share the same first name and both are a little old school (no LOP, for example).

Sorry if this is old hat, but I really didn’t know about it until very recently.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 23 Nov 21:29
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I think the comparison may be a bit much but Dick has some good stuff.

EGTK Oxford

I enjoy that channel since quite a time. Especially the Atlantic crossing clips always leave me with a feeling that I have to do it myself.

EDXQ

Quite so muelli!
BTW, in one of the Mirage Atlantic crossing vids, he proudly shows his lifesuit draped over the copilot seat

he proudly shows his lifesuit draped over the copilot seat…

We had them but didn’t wear crossing the Atlantic either.

EGTK Oxford

BTW, in one of the Mirage Atlantic crossing vids, he proudly shows his lifesuit draped over the copilot seat…

Well, and today, before I saw this thread, I’ve gotten a youtube recommendation of a Dick Rochford clip with a G1000 Meridian over the Atlantic. Looked like he flew a brand new plane with the new owner, a young guy, who did not wear a suite at all. Only jeans and t-shirt. I posted a question as comment and a short while later he deleted the clip….

EDXQ

Well, in a turbine aircraft, that’s one thing. But in a piston…, especially something like a 350hp TIO-540?

Last Edited by boscomantico at 24 Nov 17:00

It was in a piston. A Mirage no less.

Last Edited by JasonC at 24 Nov 17:02
EGTK Oxford

With a decent heater, a decent ceiling, oxygen, decent wx, big enough fuel tanks, and lots of plastic bottles to pee into (I am an expert in that one) there is no problem at all flying UK – Tromso, across the N Pole – somewhere the other side (Canada?) and back – all wearing a T-shirt, underpants, shorts and sandals. And sunglasses and a Breitling watch of course

So long as everything keeps working

I would recommend a raincoat for when it’s raining wherever you are refuelling, and some sandwiches.

I posted a question as comment and a short while later he deleted the clip

Yeah, there is a really big problem with the internet. It’s a huge security hole, which not everyone appreciates fully: if you put something up, somebody might see it

Last Edited by Peter at 24 Nov 17:01
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

He re-added the clip which is very nice:

EDXQ
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message