Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CB IR and EIR published today

Congrats. Great stuff.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

It might be useful, 9M, if you could post some contact details, because a lot of people might want to follow you in your footsteps.

Well done

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Working it, Peter. Stand by.

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

I understand that the UK CAA have sent IREs detailed guidance on IR testing including the conversion of third country IRs with the associated oral test of TK requirements. This has been sent to Examiners in draft form and will I believe be available to candidates as soon as it is signed off and officially published.

Last Edited by Neil at 25 Jun 20:49
Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

I have had further conversations with an IRE, and I hear that the first UK tests for IR conversions have been scheduled in the next couple of weeks.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

That sounds good.

What does

Booker Aviation has received approval to deliver all elements of its flying training portfolio at Durham Tees Valley Airport (DTVA).

mean? Does that mean you have to do all IR flight training there? (since Booker has no IAPs)

Has anything happened on the attempts to do some flight training outside the UK?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It normally means that they are allowed to use Booker as their base, where the leadership sits, the records are kept, and where the CAA goes for the audit.

Where they conduct the training is a different matter, it depends on the specific course approval.

Biggin Hill

Correct. It mean we can do all aspects our training at DTVA. We already commence IR flights from Booker (the CAA accept a locally produced ‘SID’ for examination purposes).

Whilst we’re at it, we had a very productive initial review meeting with the CAA yesterday. I expect to have an GNSS APV approach approved at Booker by the end of the year. Considering that the runway is short, the lighting is below Doc 8168 standards etc etc, I think a 320ft DH would be quite an achievement.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Is there any news regarding a Theory course for CB IR?

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

I expect to have an GNSS APV approach approved at Booker by the end of the year.

Which year?

Considering that the runway is short, the lighting is below Doc 8168 standards etc etc, I think a 320ft DH would be quite an achievement.

Indeed. Sounds good.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message