Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why do most commercial pilots use Jeppesen terminal charts

Just come across this interesting video, comparing the Jepp charts with the US Govt (free) NACO charts. There is a surprising number of plus points for Jepps – and remember that the NACO charts are way better than anything we have in Europe!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The biggest advantage in Europe is the standard presentation. I haven’t looked at any other NACO plates, but I’d imagine they are more similar than the huge differences across the various NAAs is Europe.

I thought some of his points were a bit thin, but I agree that the Jepp presentation edges it over FAA.

Why do UK and some other European plates just show OCH instead of DA? It’s like they want to be awkward…

EGBJ / Gloucestershire

There is no doubt that the Jepp product is better than any thing else in the market, the fact that with Jeppveiw I have world wide cover on the iPad instead of enough books to requre me to engage a sherpa to carry them around is a major plus point.

standardization is the major asset but the whole package has some nice touches, if you have the GPS on the ipad enabled it auto selects the airfield plate as you slow through 40KTS and then presents your position on the airfield plate…… very useful at Amsterdam as you exit the runway after landing in 300M RVR.

Jepps are also quick to correct errors, usualy within a week or so, I remember reporting a major error to another chart supplyer ( they had moved a VOR about 20 miles south of its correct position on an engine failure chart) and this was not corrected for months.

3 Posts
Sign in to add your message