Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LFAC Calais

Bosco – yes of course you are correct, i dont disagree.

However sometimes lifes just too short, simply saying i havent had an issue and happy to take my chances.

I can agree with that!

Even though, to be honest, hacking a few lines into my iphone on my way to the airport, to be on the safe side, does not bother me too much.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 13 Jun 08:58
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Anyone up to speed on the current situation at Calais?

Fuel: the VAC says the fuelling is available 7/7. But the website for some reason says the airport is Mon-Sat.
If fuelling is 7/7 I assume that means not only if you have a TOTAL card but also if you don‘t have one?

I am aware there is AFIS only Mon-Thu, but I don‘t care. I would only need fuel, AND:

Customs: the website seems outdated. Still says 2hPN and has that dreadful form to fill out, which is not a webform. Hence, can‘t be filled out whilst on a trip. Also, someone on SD remarked that „they“ now ask for 24h PN, which might be true post-Brexit.

Terrible website care I have to say.

I believe it is Total card only

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Firstly do you need AFIS in attendance?
Jet and Avgas are available. Does your credit card receipt not contain enough information for a VAT receipt? The pompiers are in attendance in autumn and winter Tues to Sat 0900 to 1500.
If outside these hours I suggest you telephone them and ask what credit cards etc. I always thought it was any credit card but I haven’t uploaded fuel there for some time now.
Customs is PN min 2hrs prior to arrival.
But I would double check on everything via a phone call or email.There are a lot of misunderstandings at the moment.
Had an argument with Ryan air check in when they insisted that I fill in a paper on your honour form for entry into France when I had already shown her my online declaration.
All immigration wanted was my passport and pass sanitaire. A complete waste of trees.

France

NO idea about fuel situation now but it’s TOTAL CARD since my last visit

Customs in Calais are still 2h PNR, I don’t use.pdf form on the website (these .xyz forms or pseudo GENDECs seems to be for lost people who need lot of guidance on what to write or where to sign, so those who are lost get lost more but they are not mandatory to use anyway), I just send an email with PNR details required, the list of PNR details is here:

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/jorf/article_jo/JORFARTI000035871871

I can’t say the same when UKBF sends you that dreadful .xls GAR to edit right before the departure, still glad it’s not a FAX

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Feb 09:12
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Strange. My reply to Peter Mundy went missing somehow.

Anyway, so much contradicting information. The place doesn’t seem to be “run” by anyone these days. What a pity.

boscomantico wrote:

Strange. My reply to Peter Mundy went missing somehow

I owe you a beer

https://www.euroga.org/forums/hangar-talk/13646-energy-crisis-inflation-will-ga-survive-in-europe/post/309291#309291

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thanks. I’ll copy it here again.

Peter_Mundy wrote:

I believe it is Total card only

That would be bad. And not a single word about it in AIP/VAC…

Thing is, this would be in a rental, so I would need the rental company‘s details and the VAT calculated separately on the invoice, so I can‘t just use my Totalcard…

Wouldn‘t the pompiers (whenever present) still be able to do that at all?

Pity everything has gone so much downhill there…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 11 Feb 12:38

Is it really 2hrs?

They lost most UK business and that was maybe 50% of movements.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message