Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Can you remember where all the main items are in your cockpit?

I think simplicity is a key here. Rental aircraft should be kept as simple and “standard” as possible. That is what is happening also, the majority tends to be C-172s. In our club we have one with G1000. I just don’t bother using it, even though it is new and great. Whenever I rent a C-172 (3-4 times a year) I take an old one, and use 10 minutes before I start figuring out the antiquated radio (compared with the radios in the aircraft I usually fly). The rest is no problem remembering because of lots of hours in C-172s from earlier times.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

AircraftSpruce sells these breaker caps. I find them quite handy to quickly identify critical breakers.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

A light version of this was actually part of my NQ training, in essence to be able to do the emergency checklist in the dark.

Cars and Aircraft should not be compared regarding this matter. After all you can simply stop the car if you don’t find the windscreen wiper switch.

Have yet to find the windscreen wiper switch on the spamcans I fly…..

EDL*, Germany

After all you can simply stop the car if you don’t find the windscreen wiper switch

On a motorway at 100mph, no

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No, you don’t stop at 100 mph. Stopping means 0 mph :-) The brake pedal is the one in the middle, or the left one with automatic transmission :-)

16 Posts
Sign in to add your message