Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Zone P Capo Ferro in Sardaigna

Hello everyone,

I’m planning a small nav between Olbia and Figari, and I’d like to ask if someone has some more infos concerning that P zone over the Sardaigna islands, north of Olbia, from SFC to FL195.
What’s strange is that it appears on the Cartabossy chart as well as the EU AIP chart on the carte.f-aero.com site but not on the VFR IGN France chart, nor the VFR Sardaigna area chart published on italian Enav site.

Thanks in advance

Emmanuel

LSGL

This Papa area (P17) has ceased to exist a few years ago.

Any 2015 chart that still shows it should be thrown away. And the respective publisher seen with lots of suspicion.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Here is the Jeppesen chart from 2012:

By the way: only Italian airspace planners are so ingenious as to put a VFR reporting point just one mile from a totally prohibited airspace…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 27 Jun 14:13

Thank you.
As I mentioned, no such P zone was seen on the latest (I guess up to date) VFR chart of Sardaigna.
I just wanted to be sure of that, and avoiding a lot of problems if by mistake or un-(falsely)-documented, I entered or transited through that P zone.

LSGL

Was this prohibited because of military installations on Caprera and Maddalena? I saw some still exists when I was there last month.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Officially, the Navy left as early as 2008. see here:
http://www.stripes.com/news/la-maddalena-says-goodbye-to-base-after-35-year-u-s-navy-presence-on-sardinia-1.74043

Could be the left something behind…

Allegedly, they were “forced” away because Sardinia wanted to develop the place for tourism.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 27 Jun 16:20
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message