Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Greek Airports (being sold to FRAPORT in Germany) and many new problems

boscomantico wrote:

There is several other “things” coming on top.

That is what is needed to know to understand if the whole thing has got any measurable effect.

So what are they and what do they cost.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Someone posted here about having paid €1000 to land and park at Corfu LGKR, maybe a year ago. Dropping that to €500 is not going to make LGKR viable.

However… Corfu is one of two places in Greece where the food is mostly awful (the other is Zakynthos – another cheap bulk tourism destination) so this is not a big deal, but it is the rest of Greece that matters more e.g. Samos LGSM which used to be a really useful entry / stopping point.

However, the “Fraport situation” has been significantly addressed by Ioanina LGIO coming along with customs and avgas, and the beautiful island of Kithira LGKC having customs and being reachable direct from e.g. Dubrovnik.

It’s great though that AOPA GR has made some progress.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I recently spoke with the indigenous pilots of Corfu. After 1 year of quarantine,they now struggle to even approach their plane for minor clean up or checks without being herded and watched by the money thirsty usual suspect.Thats for now.Imagine how long they will have to wait during high season.Many of you, have waited and waited even for AvGas.

LGGG

Peter wrote:

Kithira LGKC having customs and being reachable direct from e.g. Dubrovnik.

It’s easily reachable from any Croatian airport – it’s some 700-750 NM (720 NM on airways from my base airport – some 4 hours or even less with winds like today’s).

Last Edited by Emir at 05 Mar 16:08
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I recently spoke with the indigenous pilots of Corfu

I thought they packed up, because Fraport prevented them from accessing their plane, so their PPLs all lapsed.

It’s easily reachable from any Croatian airport – it’s some 700-750 NM (720 NM on airways from my base airport – some 4 hours or even less with winds like today’s).

Sure; I meant there and back without a refuel. There is no fuel at all at LGKC.

As a one-way flight, all of Greece is reachable from anywhere in Croatia, in a TB20.

Administrator

That’s great news ! It is not a revolution, but we should still be thankful to petakas for his and his fellow’s efforts.

It should make some islands reachable again :

The following question is : will they allow GA to park more than a few hours, even with PPR ?
Most of this places are worth a few days to visit (especially after a long trip for most of us).

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

will they allow GA to park more than a few hours, even with PPR ?

Nobody really knows or can predict. They assign very few spots to GA and these are on a “first come (booked) first served” basis.
Places like Mykonos and Santorini issue NOTAMs for summer period that specify max 45 minutes stay.
This is due to extremely high demand and CAT to 99% capacity.
Places like Mitilini LGMT, Kithira LGKC, Kavala LGKV etc. often get private jets which just fly there to PARK for few days until they fly back to the Fra-port or Athens Int’l LGAV to pick up their passengers for the return flight.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Now is that all? Or is there handling mandiatory which would then bring up the total charges to again in the hundreds? Otherwise these charges are quite ok imho.

That is not all. Handling is mandatory and you have to account handling too in the region of 50~200 Euro depending on services provided.
On all the airport base prices you add 24% VAT.
The 12 Euro per departing pax is not Fraport, its by the state (airport development charge) and its for all passengers flying out of Greek airports.
The state has even added a 0.5 Euro per pax to the 12 Euro for a disabled persons’ airport services fund.

So roughly the change is some 50~70 Euro from the total, not really much but better than before.
As far as Fraport is concerned off course the percentage of reductions in their base prices is significant.
The 1.2 ton limit, especially for parking fee, is a number they chose which reflects the C172, TB9, PA28 etc.category that some based operators/aeroclubs (need to) park permanently at Fra-ports.

Practically the main problems that remain and differentiate Greek airports from rest of Europe are HANDLING costs and PPRs in summer period.

Last Edited by petakas at 05 Mar 19:08
LGMG Megara, Greece

Peter wrote:

There is no fuel at all at LGKC.

Neither 100LL nor Jet A1?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Correct.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message