Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Problem with flight plan at start up and other discrepancies...

So I’ve contacted around 1013Z Alicante GND freq. to ask the startup for Tetuan; I was replied that I had to contact my company (!!)

If find it likely that your flightplan was suspended because you went past EOBT +15 minutes.

I learned that the hard way too. There are two ways to deal with that. Ask ATC to delay your flightplan, or do it yourself. In my case I used EuroFPL to delay and that immediately resolved the issue.

LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

If find it likely that your flightplan was suspended because you went past EOBT +15 minutes.

Is it completely gone in that case, or can you “revive” it using a delay message?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Is the limit for Eurocontrol IFR really EOBT+ 15 ?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes.

Is it completely gone in that case, or can you “revive” it using a delay message?

The simple solution is just to send a delay message. ATC can do this for you but they try not to as it is really your job, but they generally will do if you say please and thank you. Contact your company is just their standard response to get you out of their hair.

One downside of delaying your flight plan is you may pick up a new slot.

London area

It’s not a limit, but most national AIP says that you should be ready to start-up within EOBT +/- 15’
At my airport, we have been told recently to deny start-up clearance after EOBT + 15.
Your FPL will be “suspended” if you are not reported as airborne after EOBT + 30’ + airport taxi time.
This allows NM (formerly CFMU) to have better traffic load predictions.

Your FPL will be “suspended” if you are not reported as airborne after EOBT + 30’ + airport taxi time.

That’s what I thought.

A limit of EOBT+15 would be unworkable in many situations (a few student aircraft at the holding point for example).

One downside of delaying your flight plan is you may pick up a new slot.

Very much so. Had that many times.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If you use autorouter, you get an email (+ SMS) the moment when your flight plan gets suspended together with the reason. You can then do a quick delay on the site and it will get going again.

Josh wrote:

Suspension happens after 30 minutes in the Eurocontrol system.

Dear XXX,

your flight plan was suspended at 2015-06-26 13:37Z. Please check the message and contact ATC if required. Depending on the cause, you may receive a de-suspension message later.

The details of the flight plan are as follows:

Aircraft ID: XXXXX
Departure aerodrome: LIML
Destination aerodrome: EDNY
Estimated off block time (EOBT): 2015-06-26 13:00Z

The following comments were given:
- NOT REPORTED AS AIRBORNE

Flight plan:
(FPL-XXXXX-IG
-1M20T/L -SDFGRY/S
-LIML1300
-N0193F140 ABESI7B ABESI N851 ROLSA ROLSA2P
-EDNY0051 EDJA
-DOF/150626 RMK/CREW CONTACT 123445 PBN/B2
-E/0236 P/004 R/E S/M C/XXXXXXX)

Interesting. I have been told by ATC everywhere that the limit for taxi/push clearance is EOBT+15 before you need a delay and work to that.

To be honest, from a practical point of view, even Italian/Spanish ATC will generally stick a delay in for you and help you out.

London area

achimha wrote:

Suspension happens after 30 minutes in the Eurocontrol system.

Yes, but you are expected to send a delay message after EOBT +15 Minutes. The reasons are given in detail here: https://www.eurocontrol.int/sites/default/files/content/documents/nm/network-operations/HANDBOOK/atfcm-users-manual-current.pdf

I have been lectured by controllers countless times for letting that 15 minutes pass… Because, as already written above, delaying the flight is always a gamble as it can fetch you a CTOT. So wherever I know the controllers are aviation friendly I rather wait for 29 minutes to pass before delaying. In Spain or France I would rather delay after 14 minutes instead.

EDDS - Stuttgart

IFR I don’t think it will be gone until EOBT+60

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message