Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter updates (merged)

If it wasn’t a requirement for international VFR flights, I’d never bother. So much airtime is wasted jabbering about “lost” VFR flight plans, and to what purpose?

I reckon the ATSs bin most of them as soon as they see a “V” – either that or a lot of visual pilots address them to Mars or maybe don’t bother filing on the basis that it’s impossible to prove beyond doubt…

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

0fficer wrote:

For each country you want to have in the VFR flight plan system, you need to dig through the AIP and get the addressing. France i

We already need to do this VFR addressing, for the VFR parts of Y/Z flight plans.

LSZK, Switzerland

I hadn’t gone into the Airplanes settings tab in a while, and I’d missed quite a few improvements, notably the Descent profiles. Thanks a lot for adding them, it really makes a difference of several USG in my typical flight so really useful. Autorouter’s an amazing tool.

So now for the next request :-)

I don’t know if this had been discussed before, but would people not find it useful to be able to input Taxi and Approach fuel requirements?

EGTF, LFTF

Used telegram again to bring forward my fpl when rushing to the aircraft to escape EDNY before freezing level dropped too low…..Can’t imagine simplier way…

LKKU, LKTB

denopa wrote:

I don’t know if this had been discussed before, but would people not find it useful to be able to input Taxi and Approach fuel requirements?

I would!!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I’m sure it has been explained here before, but a quick search didn’t reveal anything.

I know you can customise your briefing pack by selecting the x to exclude things, but once you’ve done this is there a way to go back to the briefing pack including everything?

Oxford and Bidford

A good Q. I have been asking myself the same thing…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

click into the empty space in the briefing pack contents box, then you get the deselected items rolled down below the box. Click on the item you want to re-select

LSZK, Switzerland

Perfect, thank you.

Oxford and Bidford

autorouter: Webcam database

After some time, I’d like to point out a potentially useful new feature in autorouter.

Via the Telegram BOT, autorouter offers a database of airport webcams throughout Europe. Currently there are 326 entries, collected from various sources with most being in Belgium, Switzerland and Germany. We only include webcams that allow you to judge the weather. You should be aware that webcam images could be wrong or outdated, especially when they don’t carry a timestamp.

You can request a webcam image of an airport using its ICAO identifier.

You can also perform a geographical lookup using the NEAR keyword. If you don’t supply the name of a place, it will ask you to share your GPS position and use it to find the closest webcam. If you supply a name, it will do a lookup. The more specific you are, the more likely it will pick the place you intended. You will also receive an indication of heading and distance of the webcam from the intended location.

We’d like to hear from you about additional webcams that should be added. Just post here or create a support ticket, whichever you prefer.

Sign in to add your message