Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter updates (merged)

Aviathor wrote:

Is this something which is currently supported by the router’s W&B calculations?

Not at the moment, only the fuel tanks are variable.

How do you suggest this should be visualized? I guess a 2 dimensional CG plane in a 3D diagram would be impractical. Two curves with two different TKS levels? And how should these levels be specified?

Out of interest, what aircraft is this? Is this the case also for other TKS equipped aircraft?

Thing is, there are quite a few variable level fluid containers, and if you calculated for each one of these for multiple levels, it would lead to a combinational explosion… For example, all piston SEPs have an oil sump which is at the nose as well…

Can you please open a ticket?

LSZK, Switzerland

I believe that TKS consumption can’t influence so much CG that it goes out of envelope – we’re talking about 20 something kilograms located probably on short arm.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

In my Cirrus it’s only 13 liters and very close to the CG. Nevertheless most software tool for the Cirrus have a feature for the TKS. But it’s really not very important.

tomjnx wrote:

Out of interest, what aircraft is this? Is this the case also for other TKS equipped aircraft?

DA42TDI and DA42NG

On the DA42TDI/NG it is actually 30 l (33 kg) in the nose luggage compartment 1 m aft of datum. It is enough to shift the CG aft of the rear limit. Right now to ensure I remain within the envelope I do the W&B calculation twice; with a full tank of TKS and with an empty tank. But in the case of a ramp check I suppose I would need to document that I have done it according to the book.

With TKS:
limit.
Without TKS:

And in that W&B computation I had placed 5 kg of luggage in the forward compartment.

How do you suggest this should be visualized?

I think it could be visualised as a box instead of a line – a vector plane with fuel consumption parallel to the red lines and the TKS consumption parallel to the dotted black lines:

I suppose this would be the case in any airplane where you have a significant quantity of fluids that can be depleted in flight and moves the CG, whether forward or rearwards. Some DA42s can even have the tank of TKS in the rear so the CG would move forward. In the DA42NG is you have 2 occupants in the front seat, some luggage in the nose cargo hold and a full tank of TKS in the rear, you will end up out og CG limits after having spent the TKS.

Thing is, there are quite a few variable level fluid containers, and if you calculated for each one of these for multiple levels, it would lead to a combinational explosion

Fortunately, on most airplanes the oil burn is not high enough to shift your CG significantly With TKS you could take off with 33 kg and land with 0 kg.

Can you please open a ticket?

Will do.

LFPT, LFPN

I have not tried autorouter?

Can someone compare it to Rocket Route and AeroPlus products please.

mike

EGKB Biggin Hill London

To make it short:

After using RR for 2 years I now quit and only use autorouter. It can do everything RR does, but it has the nicer flight log and finds more/better routes with less errors. The one advantage RR might have (not important for me) is that they have a support hotline. But that’s not worth € 300 p.a. And autorouter is: FREE

Does autorouter have an app and can you do thinks like:

Delay a flight
Bring forward a flight
Online GAR filing (a really nice feature).
Does it send you a pdf flight pack with winds aloft and icing areas/

These are things I use a lot in RR

EGKB Biggin Hill London

Aeroplus flight planning autorouter is only Euro 40 per year I think.

M

EGKB Biggin Hill London

The EuroGA router does all of that through a web interface. I think they even do GAR, but I am not 100% sure.

Check out the briefing pack. It’s great! Actually too much information but you can customise.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 19 Oct 13:16
LFPT, LFPN

It does not need an app, it is optimized for mobile use, so you simply save the website on your home screen. All the other features are even niced in autorouter. For example you can use the “telegram” app to do all that and much more. Send the comand “EOBT” followed by the time and the FPL is delayed or broight forward .. weather works the same ….

Simce you can register for free, why not try it. I am sure you will use it.

Sign in to add your message