Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What plane would you buy?

Well, you could buy my Aerostar for £87K. New engines, pressurized, goes to FL250, wx radar, will get you there at 200kts burning 25gal/hr – in total! Aerostars are bang for buck, the best value you can get.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 10 Sep 04:58

This high dispatch rate can’t be done without weather radar, FIKI, etc. The problem in singles is no weather radar so you’re going to fly into a washing machine at some point without it. The twin’s which have it will cost a fortune to (a) buy or (b) maintain. Is now becoming increasingly important to have a glass cockpit to fly IFR at that dispatch rate now – a small humble opinion!

This one, because I am weirdo who thinks this config and design is totally cool :))

http://www.planecheck.com/?ent=da&id=26603

Last Edited by Pimparoo at 10 Sep 10:29
LKLT.LKBE

Well, that 337 is never going to be sold because for 337s, the market price corresponds to the spot market price for scrap aluminium.

DMEarc wrote:

The problem in singles is no weather radar so you’re going to fly into a washing machine at some point without it.

Don’t PA46s and the likes typically come with weather radar?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

Don’t PA46s and the likes typically come with weather radar?

Yes and TBMs of course.

EGTK Oxford

They sure do, but the budget in question eliminates the possibility of such a class of aircraft.

Not wishing to plug Aztecs any more but they can be bought with or weather radar can be added for washing machine avoidance.

The bills as twins go are likely to be as reasonable as possible as well so it is still a good contender for this type of work and I guess essentially what they were made to do. Obviously the have their limits but they are strong and ride weather well if that is your thing.

I thought the Partenavia was very susceptible to air inlet icing.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

The attached incident in September’s AAIB is helpful and is worth reading in full.

https://www.gov.uk/aaib-reports/aaib-investigation-to-saab-scania-sf340b-g-lgnm

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message