Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

iOS9

Just a warning – iOS9 is due for release tomorrow but there many reports of problems with Bluetooth connections. A repeat of the 8.3 drama. You have been warned.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

They lost it at iOS6. My I pad has never been the same since my 8 year old did Dad a favour and pressed download software update…

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

You should never update anything which works and does what you need

I have a big sticker on the Ipad2 “DO NOT UPDATE” because at least two really useful apps will stop working. It isn’t jailbroken and I can’t be bothered doing yet another jailbreak, which in any case yields little because most of the Ipad apps use obfuscated directory names (like Symbian did with e.g. “10021004”).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I always use the latest iOS on 3 ipads, my kids’ two iphones and my iPhone – ad except the BT problem we had with 8 i never had big problems.

But I also don’t use Windows XP (;-))

BeechBaby wrote:

They lost it at iOS6. My I pad has never been the same

You “speak out of my soul” as we would say in german. I had to update my iPad to iOS7 because otherwise Jeppesen Mobile FD would not work any longer, but I really wish I hadn’t… It’s gotten ugly and slow and the battery only lasts 2/3 of what it did before. As long as Jeppesen is happy with iOS7, I won’t touch the system of my iPad.

EDDS - Stuttgart

I learned the hard way too, with messing up numerous apps and features.

My rule is to always wait a few weeks until the reports are out, tests done, etc and it’s confirmed that the update is stable.

Evo400

I always wait until the first or second update to the, ahem, update. By then it’s usually stable…..

@what_next – IOS updates always turn on every battery-consuming feature to ensure that the latest OS looks flashy and any new features are not hobbled by features that have been switched off previously. If you don’t need these flashy features, you can turn them off. Some are more obscure than others… Bluetooth (obvious, but a lot of people seem to leave it on all the time) to Reduce Motion (obscure) but all have an impact on battery life.

Here’s a handy list of things to check if your battery life seems short (ignore the references to iPod and iPhone3G in the URL): http://ipod.about.com/od/iphone3g/tp/iphone-battery-life.htm

EGTT, The London FIR

Supposedly iOS 9 has a low-power mode that increases battery life on all applicable devices. That might be handy.

But yes, it’s like aircraft: never fly the A-model of anything….

Bad Elf says it should be ok with Bluethoot

http://bad-elf.com/pages/cleared-to-update

regards

16 Posts
Sign in to add your message