Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looks like a good result (Small Plane Makes Emergency Landing on California Street)

Sad. The terrain out there is around 7k and prone to high winds. I know the area well and it can be challenging in a much more powerful airplane. Not sure I’d like to fly there in a C140. RIP.

I believe so.

Silvaire wrote:

They were regardless a genuine breath of fresh air. RIP.

Is it this accident?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Re my post immediately above, I had hoped to rendezvous with them but never got the opportunity. Tim mentioned by email that they were trading the Piet for a C140 for more baggage carrying practicality. One could conjecture about the cause of the accident but I won’t. Link. Nature is not kind sometimes.

They were regardless a genuine breath of fresh air. RIP.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 20 Apr 15:36

stevelup wrote:

When I did my BFR in the US, we all but did a touch and go on a road – can’t have been more than a few metres above it

These guys managed to get the road closed for their fly-in, which looks to have been a really good time. The primarily landing surface is a dirt runway just off the road.

BTW, I find the entire ‘Tangoandjuliet’ video channel to be a breath of fresh air that shows flying the way it should be, for me at least. Their Pietenpol is for sale on Barnstormers right now for $15K.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 24 Feb 14:25

Here is a funnier version of that video:

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FQ13FOX%2Fvideos%2F2331269880327320%2F&show_text=0&width=560

@0:57: “Knock knock, license and registration please”

ESME, ESMS

I know of one additional to that list of UK road landings. The pilot realised that the newly constructed road he’d chosen was not the strip he was looking for when the wing tip hit a lamp post!

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Silvaire wrote:

VW conversions tend to do this in my experience

You mean, they like to get back on a normal road ?

It’s a Rand KR2 Aircraft Link ASN Link

VW conversions tend to do this in my experience… I was once behind one when it did so

Last Edited by Silvaire at 02 Aug 17:07

Saw this on German news sites, a SEP landed on a main street in Spanway, WA, following a total engine failure. The prop seems to be wind milling. I must admit I did not recognize the type:

In Germany the main streets of most cities would never be wide or obstacle-free enough for such a maneuver, especially for low-wing aircraft.

Last Edited by MedEwok at 02 Aug 16:49
Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany
32 Posts
Sign in to add your message