Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Palma, Mallorca

Antonio wrote:

Recent update. I was there last December, landing IFR , paid about eur300 for a <2t SEP incl mandatory handling and 70 EUR security fee for 1 person. I used Mallorcair.

Had there been 6POB for the departure, an additional EUR350 would have been due.

Still no AVGAS.

Crikey! How much!?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Recent update. I was there last December, landing IFR , paid about eur300 for a <2t SEP incl mandatory handling and 70 EUR security fee for 1 person. I used Mallorcair.

Had there been 6POB for the departure, an additional EUR350 would have been due.

Still no AVGAS.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

I’d like to thanks @aart for the great time we spent together this morning.
Son Bonet is a really nice airport, quite hard to see for the first time when coming for the North.

Will be back soon !

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

OK Romain,
I’ll be there to greet you then.. Pls let me know if you are (much) delayed. Call sign?
Aart

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Will be landing around 12:00 local time (DA42 same colors as yours)
Local flight later in the afternoon or friday morning…
Thanks for the advice

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Hi Romain,

Not entire sure what you mean, but you can either do a local flight from Son Bonet and fly to Santanyi. To keep things simple I’d stay clear of the CTR of LEPA, so from So Bonet to E (City of Inca) and then eastwards, and back from Santanyi same way back. No need to contact Palma for traffic info, just use Son Bonet 123.5. Do not exceed 1000 feet AGL over the island. Obviously you can also fly to Santanyi when you arrive in Mallorca before going to Son Bonet. I’m assuming you fly VFR. Just mention to Palma Traffic info that you first do some sight seeing over the island before going to Son Bonet and wish to change to 123.5.

When do you arrive? I may go there tomorrow.

Aart

@aart : I will be there tomorrow.
Exept arrival and departure, we would like to do 1 VFR Flight around Santanyi. Wich Flight plan did you recomand ? What are the local rules ?

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Any tips for a rental car in Son Bonet ?
I might pop up there in two weeks…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Very nice to meet you and your wife Jason. And see your fantastic Mustang!
Folks, it will likely be on display at one of the next EuroGA fly-ins, provided we don’t go to a grass or dirt strip

Great to meet @aart today. Another face to a forum name.

Was a good but busy airport. Had the joy of feeling like a 737 as I was pushed back one engine running. Then I realised how much I just paid for that joy.

Last Edited by JasonC at 12 Oct 16:25
EGTK Oxford
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message