Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ANR headset for kids

Is there such a thing available?

G

… I bought them two A20s… there’s no special ANR headsets for kids.

Hi Gary

I’ve just bought 2 headsets for my kids and couldn’t find a specific model with ANR. I couldn’t justify spending almost £800 a pair on Bose so bought them Skylite’s. They were around £100 each and included an MP3 plug to plug into an iPad etc.

So far so good, obviously not as good at A20s but a fraction of the price. My 2 are young (4 and 6) and right now I just don’t trust hem with expensive equipment.

JWL
Booker EGTB

Those should be fine, my kids had those for years. (But when I bough the Cirrus I fiest bought 2 A20s… and then another two because I felt bad beeing so cheap after just having bought the airplane ;-))

Ok, he has just turned three so the A20 is a bit large for his head, and the mic is a bit difficult to position. Maybe I will try one of the regular headsets for children then, thanks,
G

Yes, th eregular kids’ headsets should be fine. There’s the typical blue and red version and a pink one for the princesses :-)

Yep, we have both blue and pink sets. Princess is first born, no doubt when she’s old enough to understand she’ll nag me for A20s, until then Pink Skylites are the business.

GaryStorm, DC do a kids set if you want to go mid range (and more pilot like) although for the extra £180 per pair over Skylites, I don’t believe they’re worth it (I compared the specs and they are very similar)

Flyer59, I hear what you are saying about being tight as having bought a plane it’s all relative. I’ve been having a similar word myself, but on balance as my kids seem to be in the destroy phase, they can have the cheapies.

JWL
Booker EGTB

Yes, and they are smaller than mine. You know, mine are 11 and 13 now … and the A20’s are perfect, of course. They better be, one of them costs about 2 x then the cars I would drive with 25 ;-) … (I drove an old Mercedes 200 once for a year that cost € 200!) … And they can connect their phones to the A20 … or my iPad

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 18 Nov 21:16
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message