Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mooney goes two doors!

I guess the Columbia engineers are just smarter…

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

The Columbia 300 uses 310 horses, isn’t she?

Anyway it will be hard to argue you will have an aerodynamic gain by letting the gear down, especially at higher speeds. The formulae work against you on that one.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I have started a thread here which may be of relevance

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

2015 GA shipments wordwide declined to 2010 levels. Mooney Acclaim sold just 3 in Q4. May want to watch that number during the year to see how the cosmetic detail changes in the Acclaim play out in the market. And yes, Cirrus Shipped 47 SR22, 43 SR22T and 7 SR20s in Q4…

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/GAMA-Report-Aircraft-Shipments-Drop-In-2015-225678-1.html

In an apparent unauthorised departure from the “Mooney under Chinese ownership practice” it would appear there is at least one airworthy M20V.

http://www.regosearch.com/aircraft/us/240CV

Last Edited by Shorrick_Mk2 at 12 Feb 18:06

Shorrick_Mk2 wrote:

it would appear there is at least one airworthy M20V.

How else could it get Certified ?

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

A very positive step for Mooney.

With 2 doors, retractable gear, 3 engine knobs, a new cockpit with new seats it would a very attractive proposal to some of the pilots out there with enough cash to actually being able to afford it.

Looking forward to learning more about the new Mooney.

If Mooney want to sell planes in any market where there is no decades-old brand loyalty they must have 2 doors.

One door makes zero sense, unless there’s just one seat. But then, three doors are even better than two, as Tecnam have shown with their P2010, and which appeared on the Partenavia P64 Oscar in the 60-ies.

Imagine a four seat automobile with one door… How many would sell?

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

I wouldnt bother with doors at all. The old sliding canopy in a two or four seater has so many advantages and no disadvantages.

Structurally its better, its far easier to build (look at the fit and complications with gull wings or conventional doors), fewer problems opening in water if you have “forgotten”, and better for ventilation either while taxiing, or even in the air, if it is certified to be left “cracked” open an inch or two.

In my view canopies present their own problems and are less than ideal, but they work…

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma
Sign in to add your message