Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Temporary Schengen "suspension" around Europe

This could be helpful:

Looks like the French one has expired…

Sam_Rutherford wrote:

Temporarily reintroduced border controls in the context of Recommendation of the Council of 11 May 2017:
Germany (11 May 2017 – 11 November 2017)
land border with Austria

I crossed the land border at Garmisch-Partenkirchen twice over the last three weeks. No checks.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

just landed at Bordeaufrom Lisbon on commercial flight Border Control (passport check) at airport!

fly2000

Oh boy! Here we go again. No it is not helpful.

Apart from a couple of airports in France that NOTAMed a PPR for international flights, Schengen is alive and well in France.

I flew LFPT to EKRK a couple of weeks ago. Then EDFQ-LFPT last Friday. Prior to that if flew a couple of roundtrips LFPT-EDFQ.

It is well known that LFPT, LFPN and even LFPL (all the Paris GA airports except from LFPB) lost port of entry status in 2012-13 (LFPL somewhat later).

There is no problem whatsoever flying from France to any other Schengen country unless explicitly stated by NOTAM, and currently I only know of restrictions at LFBL Limoges and Auxerre LFLA. In the case of the latter I no longer find a NOTAM concerning PPR for international flights, so either it was made permanent (in AIP), which I doubt, or the requirement was lifted. Wrt Limoges, the NOTAM is still in effect. Colmar also had a NOTAM until early this year, but the NOTAM was canceled.

So come to France without fear.

LFPT, LFPN

when i was in LFMQ beginning of June they requested copy of passport prior arriving (from germany!!) was a bit of stress as we chamged pax at short notice
and why were we checked today at Bordeau??

just want to unsterstand the system or is there none??

fly2000

You may be checked at any airport at any time regardless of your airport of departure/destination. That does not mean that there is any requirement to use a port of entry for international (intra-Schengen), non-commercial flights with aircraft less than 5700 kg to/from France, or PPR requirement for customs/immigration for international flights unless there is a NOTAM stating so.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 18 Jul 21:15
LFPT, LFPN

Well, my flight from Belgian microlight strip to French microlight strip, and then back, was completely uneventful…

I am going to have an uneventful flight from LFPT to EDLE (or thereabout) at the end of this week. Just to test prove yet again than one can fly from one non-customs airport in France to another country

On the other hand, at LFAT customs officers regularly check all arriving and departing aircraft irrespective of their origin or destination, even for domestic flights Last Sunday there were at least 4 officers

Last Edited by Aviathor at 25 Jul 12:53
LFPT, LFPN

highflyer wrote:

A few days ago we did need to show our passports at Tours (LFOT) coming from Germany for a short trip to the Val de Loire. This was surprising to us, since we have been several times in France with our plane. Never been asked for passports in France on arrival from Germany. They also did ask for the time of our departure. Today was our day of departure and when arriving at the airport the employee told us that we need to inform customs four hours prior to departure. We told him that we where asked for our time of departure. After a telephone call this problem was resolved. The rules of 2016 are still in force. But there are no such rules on the highways, this is strange.

There is no NOTAM about any PNR/PPR for customs/immigration. That means it is not required for intra-Schengen flights. Don’t know whether there was such a NOTAM back in May.

I do not know about any “rules of 2016”. I have been flying intra-Schengen without notifying anyone before, and during the “state of emergency”. The notable exceptions I know about are Auxerre and Limoges that have a NOTAM about PPR for international flights. There used to be a NOTAM for Colmar but that was withdrawn early this year.

EDIT: I contacted operations at LFOT, as I often do when there are reports of PNR/PPR for Schengen flights in France, to confirm whether the requirement is real. The person I talked to in essence told me that they will notify customs of all international flights they know of arriving or departing LFOT. He claims there is a PNR/PPR and was surprised there was no NOTAM, but he does not seem to have any first-hand information about the reality of the PPR/PNR requirement. So I called the airport manager’s office, and they will call me back tomorrow morning.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 25 Jul 13:49
LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

He claims there is a PNR/PPR and was surprised there was no NOTAM

There was no such notam in May 2017. Many thanks for the efforts, Aviathor.

Berlin, Germany
Sign in to add your message