Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Temporary Schengen "suspension" around Europe

The FUD was spread by VVMV and FUD should be called FUD. As Aviathor said, if you keep asking a sufficiently large number of (semi) officials whether something is forbidden, you will eventually get the response you were looking for.

An association like VVMV should not spread FUD like this but perform proper research and not send out uninformed nonsense to its members.

What happens with FUD like this is that something will always stick and pilots will say “yes, I don’t need an airport of entry but just to be absolutely safe, let’s use one”. That is very bad for GA.

Last Edited by achimha at 16 Nov 17:48

And btw, the VVMV do not make a big impression by sending out this text to all and sundry, through the clubs; but on their own website I could not find any trace of it. Yes, I know I shoud stand shoulder-to-shoulder with my countrymen, but still, as we say here, 2 and 2 makes 4.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

The ironic thing about this Is that if that VVMV had previously consulted their southerly neighbours (from the SAME country that is!), this false alarm would never have haven taken place, since it can be assumed they are able to read French just fine…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The text is in Dutch language but it is from Belgium, not from the Netherlands.

Apologies. Second time this week I make this mistake. Read Dutch and assume it is Dutch…. err not Flemish. I suppose if I heard it spoken I would tell the difference.

What happens with FUD like this is that something will always stick and pilots will say “yes, I don’t need an airport of entry but just to be absolutely safe, let’s use one”. That is very bad for GA.

That is unfortunately almost unavoidable on a public forum. People have a bad experience, do not understand why, post it on one or more forums, then others chime in and reinforce the first impression. So they spread their own fears and unfortunately it catches on.

All the discussions on border crossing in France both during the state and emergency and after is an excellent example.

That is why I have been so adamant about trying to find facts, rang airports to determine what the facts was, searched for the texts of law, AIP entries, NOTAMs instead of just taking anything posted for granted. Of course this was not helped by some of those stupid airports not publishing the information through proper channels like the present and previous Arrêtés clearly state they should.

But now we have it in ink. You can make intra-Schengen, intra-EU flights to/from any French airfield (please check AIP and NOTAM prior). And if anyone has any objections to that, refer them to Article 9 of the above Arrêté.

LFPT, LFPN

Apologies. Second time this week I make this mistake. Read Dutch and assume it is Dutch…. err not Flemish. I suppose if I heard it spoken I would tell the differenc

To help confuse everyone more… written it is all Dutch and called Dutch. Just like Swiss German is German in its written form…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I’m just glad the information is not correct :-). Thanks for making it al clear to me

I am very disappointed in the VVMV because they will cause hundreds of pilots to be confused/misinformed.

EBKT, Belgium

I am very disappointed in the VVMV because they will cause hundreds of pilots to be confused/misinformed.

You can hopefully make a difference on Flemish forums and in your entourage.

LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

If anyone ever questions me performing an intra-Schengen flight to/from a grass field in France to any other Schengen country, I have the “arrêté” on my iPad for them to read.

Good one, I will download it on my iPad as well. Note that from Charleroi (EBCI) we regularly go to Maubeuge (LFQJ) to do T/G just with a FPL and without any issues.

edited for typos

Last Edited by jfw at 17 Nov 08:31
jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

The story continues…

The ‘VVMV’ has sent us a new email AGAIN today:

""At 15:22 today the DSNA-SIA has sent us an email that the stated rules (as in the previous mail) only apply to Extra-Schengen (although they stated this otherwise earlier this week).""

==> EuroGA, Aviathor,… where right from the beginning ==> I know who to consult in the future!

What a shame for VVMV…

Thanks for your input

Last Edited by Medres07 at 17 Nov 16:37
EBKT, Belgium

And they can’t even spell the name of the village right…

Maybe they should add another room to their “European Museum” in that town showing the different efforts that have since been undertaken to deconstruct that historic Agreement and shaming their actors.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 17 Nov 15:59
Sign in to add your message