Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

as a former KGB agent

Surely StB??

EGSC

I’m hoping none of that (border force stuff) will be necessary for flights purely within the CTA (in other words Isle of Man to UK or Eire, although most probably only UK), and only the normal special branch stuff.

Andreas IOM

GAR form – onlinegar.com the only option now for CTA?

It was discovered that the AOPA GAR gateway continued to work but it appears that’s gone now. I have just tried it and got an apparently valid receipt number but it also says it is no longer connected to the servers!

So I did it with onlinegar.com – £6 for the two credits (a trip to Ireland and back).

The email option ought to work (as discussed here recently) and is free of charge but one chap who worked on the original GAR project has posted elsewhere that he doesn’t think it will really work. I continue to use it for European (non CTA) destinations for which it does obviously work because I have been picked up by the police at my base airport a good number of times and they always say they had the form (they just want to see the passport(s)).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

“the only option now for CTA”

It’s enbarrasing to ask as probable should know, but CTA ?

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 21 Aug 14:40
Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Common Travel Area.

Common Travel Area

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Thanks – understand Common Travel Area

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Surely onlinegar.com can’t be the only option? Is there no longer the option to email or fax? I don’t see how Home Office/Border Force/whoever can force you to use a commercial service in order to fulfil a legislative requirement.

Fairoaks, United Kingdom

Of course there are options: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/general-aviation-operators-and-pilots-notification-of-flights

Pilots and carriers are advised to submit the GAR form online from the AOPA website or the Online GAR website.

Alternatively, you can download the attached form, complete it electronically and submit it by email to the national co-ordination unit (NCU) to send to Border Force or the police.

You should title your email: ‘GAR, airfield registration, name of airfield, postcode of airfield (if known)’.

Please check the attached guidance before completing and submitting the GAR form.

This means email is as good as using the online service even though they might prefer not having the work associated with processing your emails but it’s at your discretion.

Peter,

Looking at your screenshot, it looks like you used an app. John made his app available for download from his GoAV8 site previously, and I think that you are using that.

That indeed doesn’t work any longer. John mentioned that awhile ago.

What should still work (because they use the onlineGAR.com website for the filing) is the AOPA UK website.
Link

Then click on “Free Basic Service”.

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland
Sign in to add your message