Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

Can we send a test GAR and delete it a minute later? Or does that upset the authorities? Is there a minimal “lag” before a submitted GAR is actually received by e.g. Border Force?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes that will upset them – please don’t do that. Some GAR forms trigger processes and fire off to various parties.

If you wish to test, we have a test site: http://uat.onlinegar.com. You’ll have to register for an account as it’s currently a clean database. Anything submitted here goes direct to the testing platform in the border force, so it is a true end-to-end test.

EGKL, United Kingdom

Where do I find the "semi completed GAR form for Jersey from on SD?
Thanks
Rob

I’m afraid that feature isn’t available from SD

EGKL, United Kingdom

But Carl, SD users can still log into the main site right?

EGTK Oxford

Yes, users can log in to both, and can see the full history of GAR forms submitted both ways.

However…. Any GAR submitted through Skydemon will still not have a link to downloading the GAR Excel, iom or jersey gar forms. Skydemon gar forms are simplified single leg forms and do not have this facility.

EGKL, United Kingdom

A new feature announcement : Invites.

Instead of asking a passenger to email you their data, you can click to “Invite” them. You enter their email address, and it will send them an email requesting their passport data. They click a link and fill it in on the secure site, and once done you get an email back to say they’ve done it.

We’ve been live for a few days now, no issues and GAR forms flowing through nicely.

EGKL, United Kingdom

That is a good idea Carl.

EGTK Oxford

I got to use onlinegar.com for real for the first time for a flight on Monday. It all went perfectly, and it’s just so so much better than digging out email addresses and emailing PDFs around and hoping they actually get to the right place. Thanks for building the site.

Andreas IOM

Quick feedback on the Online GAR.

I used the system for the first time today, when flying back from France. The site worked fine – when I submitted the form I was emailed the confirmation number and manifest number. So I thought ‘great – fantastic system’.

So I was very surprised on arrival at Cambridge to be told (by the GA centre) that Border Control wanted us to trog around to them with our passports. Apparently they were treating our arrival as an unauthorised entry because they hadn’t received the GAR form! This may be just an issue with Cambridge (the Border Agency staff appeared to have no knowledge of the new OnlineGAR and simply said “we don’t have access to that system”). But, on the plus side, Cambridge Ops did have their reduced information come through properly.

@ carlmeek: if you want any further details for investigating what went wrong at the Border Agency end, please PM me.

TJ
Cambridge EGSC
Sign in to add your message