Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ogimet site

Hello,

I have been doing something similar in my free, experimental, aero* webGIS app:

LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece

I can see only a map with METARs plotted on it.

Firefox, latest, winXP SP3.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Chrome & Firefox latest, win 7, it should work fine on xp, it's tested. Can't you see a panel with checkboxes on the right of the screen?

Yes, but I can't see any way to plot the vertical cloud profiles for a route from A to B.

Administrator

Well that's why I said it was similar, referring to the GFS stuff discussed above :) If you find it irrelevant please remove the posts.

It's very relevant - thank you

It's a good site, condensing the data for Europe very well.

I just thought it did a vertical profile.

One thing: the airport elevation data would be better in feet than metres, and in some cases you show data for two airports, which is fine, but which airport is the elevation for?

Administrator

The worldwide elevation data (GMTED2010) comes from your click on the map, which means that sometimes, depending on the "sensitivity" of the click radius, you may get two results of two adjacent pixels. That's why it may return two numbers :) You're correct on the feet/meter, thanx for the input.

did any of you guys find out when the GRAMET data are updated ? We just created Link to get a snap shot of the current day and 0300 UTC is too early – the picture doesn´t have 0000 UTC data inside..I want to have it when getting off the bed ;-)

Last Edited by Michal at 19 May 09:44
LKKU, LKTB

Updates twice, using data of 00:00Z and 12:00Z. Available 6 hours after.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
Sign in to add your message