Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ogimet site

AdamFrisch wrote:

Does an app exist so you can do it on the phone quickly?

You can use the Telegram app!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Had seen it, but this was first time a played with the Gramet side view. It’s an excellent tool. Does an app exist so you can do it on the phone quickly?

Luckily there is a better alternative

Hadn’t used OGIMET for a while and just saw that there is now additional information. IAS, TAS, GS and heading info.
By inserting the estimated time interval it calculates a fixed GS for the entire flight, and from that figure IAS and TAS are derived for each segment. Not exacly how things work I am afraid..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

EDIT: Found that on Ogimet site: los productos están disponibles en las páginas Ogimet aproximadamente 9 horas mas tarde. They have it available about 9 hrs later.

I didn’t realise it was actually a Spanish site – I thought I was only getting the messages in Spanish because my computer is set to Spanish.

Andreas IOM

Updates twice, using data of 00:00Z and 12:00Z. Available 6 hours after.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

did any of you guys find out when the GRAMET data are updated ? We just created Link to get a snap shot of the current day and 0300 UTC is too early – the picture doesn´t have 0000 UTC data inside..I want to have it when getting off the bed ;-)

Last Edited by Michal at 19 May 09:44
LKKU, LKTB

The worldwide elevation data (GMTED2010) comes from your click on the map, which means that sometimes, depending on the "sensitivity" of the click radius, you may get two results of two adjacent pixels. That's why it may return two numbers :) You're correct on the feet/meter, thanx for the input.

LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece

It's very relevant - thank you

It's a good site, condensing the data for Europe very well.

I just thought it did a vertical profile.

One thing: the airport elevation data would be better in feet than metres, and in some cases you show data for two airports, which is fine, but which airport is the elevation for?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well that's why I said it was similar, referring to the GFS stuff discussed above :) If you find it irrelevant please remove the posts.

LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece
35 Posts
Sign in to add your message