Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Flight from EDLE (Essen-Mülheim nearby Düsseldorf) to the AERO this year on a beautiful day. At FL140 you can see the Alps just south of Frankfurt – if you look VERY closely

The crew (my father and me – the latter on the right )

Approaching EDNY with lake Constance and the alps in the background….

….always a nice view!

EDDF on the return flight with the skyline of Frankfurt – FL150

Wiesbaden

EDLE

@Aeroplus – did you fly there in the Cirrus shown earlier and, if so, how did you do the logistics? Which overflight agent did you use? This would be worth a little report

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter – I rented a Cirrus SR22 G2 in South Africa at Lanseria airport near Johannesburg from Cirrus South Africa for around $200 per hour wet flying time. It was SA registered, so you need a South African pilot licence (which I have). You don’t need clearances in South Africa. For Mozambique we arranged the clearances ourselves. We will be offering clearance services shortly as well as we setup office at Lanseria for support services.

EDLE, Netherlands

FL250 just north of Lausanne – Lake Leman with the Valais valley in background.

Last Edited by JasonC at 18 May 07:58
EGTK Oxford

Whenever I look at that view I think how bloody dangerous the valley run from the lake to Sion is with a low cloudbase.

Lovely photo though!

London area

Cool picture Jason!

@Vieke – I tried replying to your mail, but that one bounced as it was perceived as spam. But I will write up something about that trip as a trip report. Good idea. Thanks.

EDLE, Netherlands

Kansas City, MO from about 500 ft while approaching/departing KMKC (Charles B Wheeler Downtown Airport) in a Grumman Tiger last weekend:

Interesting stuff on the ground:

Warthog:

Piaggio:

TWA DC-9 from the airliner museum (unfortunately closed by the time we arrived):

Andreas IOM

Been to Israel and went flying (in an hazy day) with a friend.

Coast line north of Tel Aviv

The Israeli water system that transfers water from the north to the desert in the south.

Cesaria, the Roman amphitheatre and harbour.

Tel Aviv sky line

Tel Aviv Dov Airport

Last Edited by Ben at 20 May 20:22

Whenever I look at that view I think how bloody dangerous the valley run from the lake to Sion is with a low cloudbase.

Yes, It’s an eery tunnel feeling you get there..
Luckily, this time after ‘clearing the corner’ things looked fine..

Last Edited by aart at 21 May 18:08
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Is the above photo

the same place as this one I took in 2004

Spooky!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message