Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Why would you expect GPS loss there?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I lost GPS few times in vicinity of aircraft carriers but I guess they do jamming only when they are on missions…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The Montgomery is a WWII Liberty ship which sank in the Thames estuary. She is estimated to still hold 1500 tonnes of munitions and that is the reason for the TRA. Would cause one helluva bang if she blew.

What would happen if the Richard Montgomery exploded?
According to a BBC News report in 1970, it was determined that if the wreck of Richard Montgomery exploded, it would throw a 300 metre (1,000 feet)-wide column of water and debris nearly 3,000 metres (10,000 feet) into the air and generate a wave 5 metres (16 feet) high

Last Edited by Peter_Mundy at 01 Nov 14:48
EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Got it, that one is definetly not equipped for electronic warfare…from reading the NOTAMS I was under the impression it’s one of those USS or HMS with F35 on them

Last Edited by Ibra at 01 Nov 15:09

The most scary flying experience, 30kts crosswind on cable car over London and getting stuck for 10min above Thames due to high winds…I took the underground on the return leg: sometimes you have to cancel your flights: “better be on the ground wishing you are flying than in the sky wishing you are on the ground”

Last Edited by Ibra at 03 Nov 12:54

you are taking too many risks Ibra! I’d stick to real flying if I were you

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Flight to Lido di Venezia today.

EDWF, Germany

Rainbow

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Bordeaux from 4000 feet. Bassin d’Arcachon in the background.

Last Edited by johnh at 10 Nov 14:05
LFMD, France

Interesting rain falling from those clouds. It’s heavy enough to be visible, but disappears very quickly.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
Sign in to add your message