Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Don’t know when I will see the aircraft next time at all. But I was varying the throttle from full (which one almost is at FL65 anyway) to probably less than half in order to maintain altitude and between 95 and 120 knots indicated. Did this about 15 times within 30 minutes.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

still not my pic, but in the same vein… forget the Caribbean, forget Croatia, forget Greece, this is Scotland

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

North Uist??? Solas Fly-in is this weekend 24-25 June 2023. (I won’t expose the 1966 metal Bolkow to salt beaches.)

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Dan wrote:

RV-6.9i doing a low inspection pass before attempting a landing

@Dan is this Sollas?

Poland

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@Dan is this Sollas?

come on guys, this is a sacred place, only for uncertified, no further comments.

You Cirruses/TBs/Cessnas/Pipers/Mooneys/etc and whatever antiquated, but IFR certified, need to go to Barra only. Absolutely. And you’ll love it: PPR, control tower, landing fees, high vis vests, all very safe

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland
Dan wrote:
PPR, control tower, landing fees, high vis vests, all very safe

U made my… day (shortest) night

Last Edited by Antonio at 21 Jun 21:51
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Pics of the day… today was yet another pizza day
3 of them @%#?& experimentals managed to cross the Alps. All painted alright, though one could always argue about the schemes and colours chosen. Please note the nonchalant flaps position… guess this another one of those fashionable thing to do with them RVs, or the pilots plainly forgot to retract them after landing, who knows?

Yet another mountain, boring really, yawn yawn…

Gotta love the SD glide “circle” in the Alps

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

I´m a bit old fashioned. But is an RV-8 able to carry a family of 2 adults, a couple of kids and luggage to stay at the lodge on top of that mountain in the background? Also, is it far fetched to compare uncertified, fast, handsome aero planes (you know carbon fiber, gimmicks and all) to that submersible vehicle that imploded into less glory in the North Atlantic a few weeks back? I love innovation – but I do (being old fashioned) put my trust in solid (tough one) proven (and darn it and hate it certified (nasty stuff)) tech. Thanks. PS: I´m really struck by the flap position of those beauties – what an innovative idea! Super cool. ;-) PS: funny posts though – makes me smile at least. Keep it up! ;-)

Last Edited by Yeager at 04 Jul 20:45
Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Pic of the day… everybody moaning about them stupid boring mountains? There, I’ll give you a city then.

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message