Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

So you’d really recommend none of us go there, and you’ll take one for the team?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Dan is right about the midges

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Stick to the islands on the west coast and you won’t have any problem with midges. Is usually too windy for them.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

dublinpilot wrote:

Stick to the islands on the west coast and you won’t have any problem with midges. Is usually too windy for them.

I think he is on the West Coast.

They are terrible this year. Clegs are out. I have been bitten all over by the buggers. The penalty for 23 degrees and a light breeze..

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

.Sollas beach fly-in is next weekend.24/25 June 2023. Good firm sand. Windsock. Someone to give information.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

The northwesterly arm of Lake Constance, called Lake Überlingen.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Konstanz

Yesterday, in the southwest of Germany, the bases of the scattered cumulus were up somewhere between FL100 and FL110 (!), making it unpractical to climb above it in most cases. A glider pilots dream. But for me, it was the strongest up and downdrafts I have ever experienced outside of the big mountains. Swabian Alp and Black forest created this.

not my pic of last week visit to that treacherous spot… a little RV-6.9i doing a low inspection pass before attempting a landing.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

But for me, it was the strongest up and downdrafts I have ever experienced outside of the big mountains.

Do you have a log from the G5 by chance? Would be interesting.

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message