Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Gain and loss of immigration / customs at French airports, and current list

Now your conspiracy theories include freemasons? Maybe Dan Brown should do something about aviation…

@peter having worked for a law firm in Worthing I can’t comment on funny hand shakes etc I certainly never came across any! With any advisor “you get what you pay for” my pet hate is people dabbling in areas outside their expertise and charging you while they learn on your job!

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Yes; very much agreed about learning on the job. BTW the masons (a co-director tried to recruit me) don’t use a “funny handshake” – that’s a myth

Also my comments were from the pre-CPS era. I don’t know how this mirrors other European countries’ practices but basically, in the UK, it is nowadays much more difficult for the police to do the stuff they used to do.

The UK CAA almost never prosecute. The current list is here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Does anybody have a working phone number for customs in the Paris area? I’ve sent a fax to +33 1 74 25 96 27 and an E-mail to [email protected], but haven’t heard back anything. I also got +33 1 42 45 37 88, but noone is picking up the phone…

LSZK, Switzerland

What an administrative mess!

It’s actually very simple. People make it more difficult than it is.

Read AIP, then NOTAM. Whatever is published by NOTAM overrides then content of AIP. Follow the procedure you come up with from the aforementioned publications. If it involves sending something by fax or e-mail, keep a trace: copy yourself on the e-mail, or keep the receipt from the fax. Last but not least: stop thinking and just go for it! 95.6% of the time, no one will have any interest in you anyway.

LFPT, LFPN

I did create a graphic map last year with the official Ports of Entry for France, based on the EU Official Journal.
This doesn’t specify PPR requirements/timescales, but at least gives you an idea of where to consider.

It’s active so can be zoomed in/out etc.
French Ports of Entry Map

I’ve also added a simple screenshot below too (Red ones are generally not available for GA).

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

Learned today from a friend of this planned further reduction in customs availability at smaller French airfields. According to the French Airfield Union the following list of 12 airfields will be removed from the list of available airfields published in the official journal of the EU:

Abbeville LFOI, Agen-La Garenne LFBA, Amiens Glisy LFAY, Annemasse LFLI, Besançon-la Vèze LFQM, La Môle – Saint- Tropez LFTZ, Lannion LFRO, Le Castelet LFMQ, Lognes-Emerainville LFPL, Montbéliard-Courcelles LFSM, Nevers-Fourchambault LFQG, Vichy-Charmeil LFLV

Probably the worst case is Lognes, as I don’t think there will any longer be any useful Customs airfield for Paris accessible to GA (other than the ruinously expensvie Le Bourget).

The French government has not yet made this official, nor when it will take effect, but from the tone of the reports, it appears to be a done deal.

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

I won’t be surprise if Lognes lost it.
But La Mole and le Castellet… Lot of Bizjet trafic from outside Shengen…

The head of GA airfield for “Aeroport de Paris” promise that Pontoise will get back Custom and Immigration in less than 2 years… Don’t belived it but will see…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

This just looks more and more like a political finger-up to non Schengen countries, which is basically the UK in this case.

Especially Lognes, which is close to the major Paris airports so getting police there on a PNR is trivial. It isn’t like say St Yan which is in the middle of nowhere.

It would be hilarious if France held a referendum and got the likely 55% OUT vote. You bet they would reinstate customs+immigration overnight

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message