Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Gain and loss of immigration / customs at French airports, and current list

Only Schengen flights can be conducted to/from LFPT and LFPN AFAIK. It does however seem like they have changed the wording of the NOTAM and now provide phone numbers. That does not mean that non-Schengen flights are generally allowed, but it could be worthwhile calling to get more information about the conditions under which non-Schengen flights could be performed.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 29 Aug 21:55
LFPT, LFPN

This topic is a fool’s errand

France has published conflicting versions and continues to do so.

However, this could be like the other thread (can’t find it right now) where you could purchase French Immigration for €200 (a place called Orleans?). It’s a lot of money but if say there was a fly-in, it would be OK. It’s like sharing the €50 Deauville airport taxi between 4 people

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

Thr only piece of information that counts for pilots is the official aviation publication…

I don’t think that is correct. In case things go bad, it would result in a court case. For a court, the only relevant source of information is the law and Piotr pointed to the law which is the EU Regulation 562/2006 and its up to date appendix on Schengen border points. In front of a court, ignorance of the law is not a valid defense.

Not too long ago I had an argument with the German customs. Their web site has a list of customs airports which is outdated. I asked them to update it, they didn’t do it for months. So I got a bit more demanding, telling this is highly unprofessional and misleading. The answer was that only the EU Journal is relevant, their sheets are only provided for convenience and have no legally binding meaning at all. So we parted with a “thank you for posting garbage on your website and actively misleading pilots, great service”. The list is still there.

re: Pontoise, this is new and potentially very good. The section of the notams regarding non-Schengen flights used to say “Prohibited” until at least the end of July. I’ll try to give that phone number a call next week and report.

EGTF, LFTF
This topic is a fool’s errand

France has published conflicting versions and continues to do so.

Oh boy. Here we go again.

France does not publish the list of Schengen border crossing points. The EU does here.

If you find a French list, it is no longer valid and has not been updated in a very long time.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 30 Aug 07:36
LFPT, LFPN

achimha wrote:

boscomantico wrote:

Thr only piece of information that counts for pilots is the official aviation publication…

I don’t think that is correct. In case things go bad, it would result in a court case. For a court, the only relevant source of information is the law and Piotr pointed to the law which is the EU Regulation 562/2006 and its up to date appendix on Schengen border points. In front of a court, ignorance of the law is not a valid defense.

We should be careful because this is a two-edged sword.

As a pilot, if the AIP says something that is not contradicted by NOTAM I will look no further. But Achim may be correct in that it will not hold up in a court of law.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 30 Aug 07:45
LFPT, LFPN

In this case, it’s not a relevant point, since customs / immigration is upon PN anyway. So it is difficult to figure a court case here (which might only happen if someone landed at a (supposed) customs/immigration airport (without PPR requirement) and later it turns out that it supposedly isn’t).

Could someone “test” the new immigration provision at LFPT shortly and report back here?

Last Edited by boscomantico at 30 Aug 08:15
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

As a pilot, if the AIP says something that is not contradicted by NOTAM I will look no further. But Achim may be correct in that it will not hold up in a court of law.

IMHO, IANAL, no way could you get prosecuted for that in the UK. Any lawyer with more than 2.5 braincells, and that includes perhaps 50% of street-corner solicitors, would point to the conflicting “official” information and would wipe the floor with the prosecution. Most likely, the CPS would just laugh and chuck such a lost cause in the bin. You will get the obligatory crash course on sarcasm and pomposity from the police, however (I once got a 3hr one when I correctly followed incorrect instructions on the GAR form – they were completely uninterested in what the GAR form said!) but hey they need to keep current somehow…

France and Germany may be different………………. but probably, forum postings and media reports notwithstanding, the real difference is that the prosecution would commence so you have to waste a chunk of your life and your money on a good lawyer who is not “locally involved” and is thus willing to take you on as a client.

About 12 years ago I had a conversation with the enforcement department of the UK CAA about something the French did (the DGAC asked the CAA to bust me for busting a French nuclear TRA, not on the charts and not notamed) and they said the French do this all the time, but no way will the CAA go along with it.

Could someone “test” the new immigration provision at LFPT shortly and report back here?

France does not publish the list of Schengen border crossing points. The EU does ..

But, surely, that EU list is supplied by France?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For Pontoise I call both number a few month ago. Neither police or BGTA new that new NOTAM.
I ask to speek with someone in charge of Pontoise and the guy tells me that is not possible to go outside Schengen even if we call them and send them all the details…

I heard in Pontoise that the airline servicing Southampton is interested to come back (only if they get customs) so that might move one day…

I you get someone on the phone that tell you now it’s possible let me know it will be very good !

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Peter wrote:

But, surely, that EU list is supplied by France?

Yes. I once found a document that explained the process. On the Europa.EU website you will find notifications from member countries to the EU about changes in the border crossing points.

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message