Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Gain and loss of immigration / customs at French airports, and current list

Aviathor wrote:

Different budgets… But if we are prepared to pay 100 € for each border crossing, maybe they will reconsider?

Most border crossings are paid these days, not necessarily that expensive, they are around 30 Euros here in Switzerland at the PPR places or the international landing fees are increased. If that solves the problem with a reasonable fee, yes, that is much preferrable to their current idea.

Mind, if we look at Frexit scenario, they might end up in a lovely situation where they will need full immigration/customs again for everyone coming into France… Or maybe Mme Le Pen will do the same as others and build a wall? Maginot Line MK2?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Maginot Line MK2?

That’s not going to stop anyone coming in :)

How much would people pay for customs/immigration?

€20?

That would make LFAT €50 which would drastically reduce their business. But elsewhere it might be OK.

Bergerac wants €50 for c+i which is a new one, but due to its location not many people have to land there for that purpose. Especially as their fuelling can get you stuck there for ages.

What seems to really kill traffic is the €80+ stuff which is usually the result of a mandatory handling cartel which got created by airport management, or got created by somebody who cleverly positioned themselves to take advantage of ignorant airport management.

The “moral” problem with charging for c+i is that “obviously” if X planes arrive at the same time, they should not have to pay X * the charge – because the policeman is already there. Yet we all know it will never be implemented in that way, not least due to billing difficulties across multiple aircraft.

But I think the bottom line is that this is not to raise money. The indications are that French police is in a state of utter panic following the recent events and they are looking at absolutely everything they can to make their force look a bit less ineffective. The cost of providing c+i is minimal because everybody knows they almost never turned up.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If I’m not mistaken, you pay more on at LFAT if you arrive non schengen, about 15 Euros

I don’t recall the exact figures but I was there when it was posted somewhere that French pilots get it for half price, so I asked them, and the prices were the same. That was maybe 6 months ago.

I have just phoned them +33 3 21 05 03 99 and it is €30 for a TB20, schengen or non-schengen.

That doesn’t rule out the possibility of a different policy having been operated some time ago, I guess.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I have just phoned them +33 3 21 05 03 99 and it is €30 for a TB20, schengen or non-schengen.

I’ll try tomorrow, in French, and report (I remember the cost being different about 1.5 year ago)

Last Edited by Noe at 16 Nov 14:11

Noe wrote:

That’s not going to stop anyone coming in :)

Yea, there is always a way around it, as they found out last time

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

It’s all meaningless in terms of controlling individual movement, because Europe has no physical borders. All you can hope to control is the legality of somebody moving about.

Administrator

Everyone should sign this petition against closing 13 Border Crossing Points at French Airports:

https://www.change.org/p/ministre-de-l-int%C3%A9rieur-la-ffa-s-oppose-%C3%A0-la-suppression-des-points-de-passage-frontalier

LFLY, France

Signed

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message