Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Top 20 airports / most visited airports / how many different airports have you landed at

I only have it for 2016

fly2000

A day is a lost day when one can not learn something new I just learned how to use Excel the proper way to count the number of airfields visited and to do the ranking. The magic function is called “Pivot Table” and does it all with no more than five mouse clicks. Number of airfields visited: 290 (+ the gliding site where I started flying gliders. I never entered those flights in my electronic logbook).

Last Edited by what_next at 07 Nov 13:38
EDDS - Stuttgart

These are the top 20 since I have my own aeroplane bought 3 years ago. First 3 airports don’t count (homebase, secondary base and maintenance base).
Most are airstrips without ICAO codes.

145 AS ALI NETTUNO
45 LIRL – LATINA
12 LIRZ – PERUGI
11 AS TERNI
6 LIQF – SANSEPOLCRO
5 AS MENSANELLO
5 AS MONTECCHIO
4 LIRU – L’URBE
3 LIAP – L’AQUILA
3 LICR – REGGIO CALABRIA
3 LIRJ – ELBA
3 LIRV – VITERBO
3 AS CELANO
2 LIDA – ASIAGO
2 LIDP – PAVULLO
2 LIQN – RIETI
2 LIRH – FROSINONE
2 AS CASTIGLIONE
2 AS MONTAGNANA
2 AS PEGASO
2 AS SABAUDIA
2 AS SERRISTORI
1 LGKR – CORFU’

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Nowhere near as exotic as some…

EGBK	Northampton / Sywell	10
LFRC	Cherbourg-Maupertus	8
KHND	Henderson Executive	7
EGDL	RAF Lyneham		7
EGHN	Sandown / Isle of Wight	6
LFAT	Le Touquet		6
EGBS	Shobdon			6
EGHJ	Bembridge		5
EGHF	Lee On Solent		4
EGKA	Shoreham		4
LFAC	Calais-Dunkerque	4
LFBH	La Rochelle-Île de Ré	4
LFQB	Troyes-Barberey		4
EGCV	Sleap			4
EGHA	Compton Abbas		4
EGLS	Old Sarum		3
LFGI	Dijon Darois		2
EGTC	Cranfield		2
EGMC	Southend		2
EGHH	Bournemouth		2
LFBS	Biscarrosse Parentis	2

Total airfields visited 54

Last Edited by stevelup at 07 Nov 17:23

what_next wrote:

The top 20 entries are very much biased by my instructing […]
02 EDVE 167

Do you bring your students personally to the theoretical exams at the LBA, or is this the bias for automotive supplier customers. ;-)

Last Edited by TobiBS at 16 Nov 23:52
P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS

my top twenty: looks I am LKKU centric but more than half of LKKU landings are with Zlin Z-226 and rope attached ;-). Funny to see position 1 and ratio of night and day landings. LKTB is my secondary base.
my gliding and UL excluded as only on paper. With them total number of airports visited would be around 80, some of airport were DEP only so not in the list. Still way to go.

Last Edited by Michal at 17 Nov 10:44
LKKU, LKTB

regarding EDVE – Do you bring your students personally to the theoretical exams at the LBA, or is this the bias for automotive supplier customers. ;-)

More generally the automotive industry…

EDDS - Stuttgart

With lots of new people on EuroGA, it’s time to bump this thread

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I can’t be bothered to type my logbook into a spreadsheet!

It wouldn’t be anything very impressive. As an educated guess I’d say the most frequent destinations were Le Touquet (LFAT), Duxford (EGSU) and perhaps Gloucestershire (EGBJ). Furthest away from home base (White Waltham, EGLM) would be Angouleme (LFBU).

Lately I have made a point of trying to go somewhere new whenever I fly. Last two have been Gamston (EGNE) and Cardiff (EGFF).

EGLM & EGTN

LeSving wrote:

competition for all club members

How about a game of airfield Scrabble? Over one year, use the first letter of a visited airfield’s main name to get points, and add them up, e.g. Shoreham = S = 1 point; or Quiberon = Q = 10 points. Also, triple point bonuses for highest, lowest, farthest north/south etc, e.g. Courchevel = 3x 3 = 9. I can see an adjudicator will be needed as most airports are binomial City-Town, so does Midden-Zeeland count as an M or a Z?

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message