I too aimed for 85% consistently, and got something similar

AGK 96%
FP&P 92%
NAV 90%
HP&L 79%
MET 86%
AIR LAW 93%
IFR COMMS 95%

To be fair the first three I did in the GTS classroom so I got some extra time on those.

HP&L is horrible because it has only 24 questions and you can get 70% (a fail) once and 100% the next time. Also the content is mostly crap.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I can also recommend aviationexam.com, I used it this winter when I did my JAA IR. It works well on the iPad (offline as well) and has great study functions, explanations to all questions with both text and pictures and a large question bank.

I spent the first few days going through the book (Nordian) and after that I focused on doing questions when I felt that I understood the basics of the subject, using the books for reference trying to find the right answer. It worked out great and I passed with >90% on every exam. I can't imagine the effort it would take to pass the exams without a QB..

I wonder if my account is still active.. hmm :)

I recently purchased the iPad version of Sporty's Instrument Pilot interactive course....includes a 900+ question bank and lots of video tutorials.....I managed 85-90% on my first two attempts of the simulated written...

YPJT, United Arab Emirates
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message