Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trial PBN instrument flight procedures in Croatia

Croatian AIP lists trial RNAV/PBN procedures for few airports like e.g. attached approach for RW14 at Zadar LDZD. The procedures are available in Jeppessen database for G1000. I guess they are available for GNS430/530 as well. However these procedure are not available as Jeppessen (printable) plates. Since I dont’t have Jepp electronic plates at G1000, I don’t know if they are available in this form – maybe someone can check.

Does anyone know when this will available in form of Jepp plates?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

As per AIRAC 1703, there are no GNSS approaches available in my Jeppesen charts fo LDZD. 1704 will be out at the and of the coming week.

France

They are available also for GNS430W, since a few months ago.

So far the only LPV is for Dubrovnik, all other in Croatia (LDRI, LDPL, LDZD, LDZA) are LNAV, LNAV/VNAV.

IMO,until they are published officially they will not be in Jepessen databases, at least they are not right now in 1705 (which is current), although, Jepessen is the one providing the avionics databases coding…

EDIT: Now that i checked it again, can’t seem to find the previously published trial procedures for LDPL, LDZA and LDSP in the AIP, for some reason…

Last Edited by Ga90 at 26 Mar 18:27

They haven’t been officially released. They wont be in a database until they have.

EGTK Oxford

Emir’s point is that they are in the Jeppesen database in the G1000 but not in the Jeppesen database used by Jeppview or derivative products.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Peter26-Mar-17 19:06 #05
Emir’s point is that they are in the Jeppesen database in the G1000 but not in the Jeppesen database used by Jeppview or derivative products.

Well that must be a mistake by Jepp.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

Well that must be a mistake by Jepp.

I don’t think so. Otherwise, how would pilots test the procedures in automated regimes without having the procedures in NAV database? You can ask ATC to perform the these approaches for test.

AFAIK you have plates (JeppView) on your G1000. Can you check if RNAV plates for these airports are shown there? I know you’ll find them under PROC in flight plan setup.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I will check but test pilots use test databases.

EGTK Oxford

I thought about regular pilots using trial procedures – I believe it’s allowed as well under certain circumstances.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

I thought about regular pilots using trial procedures – I believe it’s allowed as well under certain circumstances.

I have heard of many things in aviation, but never about this one.

EDDS - Stuttgart
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message