Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How to file a flight plan for IFR flights in uncontrolled airspace in France (and other places)

For Toussus, on departure, there is max DCT=0 outside SID you have to be on SID for lost comms in Paris TMA, there are no FPL waypoint inside for a good 50nm most LFPN RNAV SID require FL120 to validate (e.g. OPALE), you can stop the climb at FL70 with no issue once you have left Paris just agree on this with ATC on this as you call for startup…the “other trick” is to file CONV SID, like DCT MTD at FL70 (Montdidier)

PS: you also need correct equipment in FPL as well, DME for instance, if you don’t have it some routes will fail to validate (it’s PBN airspace and no DME required, Paris TMA lost comms procedure refer to 40D POY and here you go, non-standard ICAO lost comms = new DME requirement !)

Last Edited by Ibra at 19 Apr 19:40
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

there is max DCT=0

Does this method no longer work then? (MAXDCT was 10nm there)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The MaxDCT = 0 I mentioned is for takeoff & departure under 2000ft Class A, funnily, if you file Z-FPL from Toussus, ATC will toss it away and give you SID take it or leave it, one friend who used to have an EIR used to take those in Paris

I think for departures without SID, I was told need to join airways within 30nm for things to validate but sometimes 60nm seems to work fine in CFMU/IFPS, for waypoints inside the route, no idea but 10nm is really short

For Shoreham-LaRochelle, well it’s a straight line as Paris is not on your way

Last Edited by Ibra at 19 Apr 20:05
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thanks guys, your postings did answer my question. And quickly, too!

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany
54 Posts
Sign in to add your message