Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Right seat back from Girona

I have to go to Girona LEGE on Sunday 23rd to drop a family member there. I will be leaving around 1200z from Oxford. Will need around 2 hours on the ground and will fly back to Oxford. If any established Forum member would like to come along they can sit in the right seat on the way back. There is no cost involved but you will have to amuse yourself in Girona until I get back.

Please ask Peter to forward a message if you are interested.

Edited to add that you can come both ways just that my son will prob be right seat on the way down. The back is more comfortable anyway!

EGTK Oxford

I'm on for it. Peter's got my details.

I would like to :) but first I had to come to UK.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

So two forum members now coming with me. Should be a fun trip.

EGTK Oxford

Looking forward to see the pictures! :-)

Still an available seat? Would be a great experience.

jkv
EHEH

Sorry, not without offloading either fuel or my son either of which would be counterproductive.

EGTK Oxford

Had an excellent flight to Girona with Jason and Chris on Sunday. But did I get the 2 hours of sunshine on the turn-around? Nope. It was chucking it down when we landed and still drizzling when we took off!!!! But handling did bring the umbrella :)

On way home headwind was 90-101kts on the nose at FL280. Even though got the filled tanks at Girona we wouldn't have made it across the Channel without dipping our toes. So a toss up between Jersey or Nantes. Jersey wouldn't let us do an after hours depart so divert to Nantes it was.

But then after refuelling Oxford Kid. was shut (as not enough ATC to stay open till 22.30 which they will be again doing from midish July). Coventry had just closed and that left Birmingham. But then by the time we'd sorted the paperwork after landing the station would have shut.

So stayed over at Nantes (Oceana at the airport- very clean and comfortable, pilot rates and a very nice breakfast at 05.00 this morning, in the air at 06.00, Oxford at 06.56 and Cheltenham at 08.20 in time to take my daughter to school (all local times).

Its crazy that we haven't got pilot activated lighting at even our bigger GA airfields so that qualified pilots can put down. OK so no emergency cover I know but if night-rated surely that's what a night rating should allow you to be competent (or competent enough) to do.

But thanks Jason for the experience. I learnt a lot.

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

Jude098, How do you go about getting pilot rates at hotels?

Hi Rob

Just ask. Nearly all airport hotels do them

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message