Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A normal day with a little bit of flying...

FAA allows cost sharing, subject to various rules – example.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Most likely he’s got sponsors who pay for the videos and the trips. Wasn’t cost sharing forbidden under FAA rules ?

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Just watched Matt’s vlog.
Everyone of his video seems to push further the freedom which a US intrument pilot can enjoy. Just breathtaking for a European.
Just like a guy from Northampton would go watch an event in Dubrovnik and back, in less than 24h

Some points :

• to me, it’s the best ad ever for Flightstream, so GP or FF, NYCYankee must be happy
  • my friends are definitely too poor ! How can he share to cost of 15hrs of Bonanza? Lucky for him, his money pays for the fixed costs (explained in another video). but still !!
  • the traffic havoc at the border of the launch TFR would make any european CAA official have a heart attack !
  • he didn’t put any picture of the other pilot Youtuber he met in Titusville. Not very fair play

Really it doesn’t take much : IAPs, PCLs, self serve pumps for any credit card and crew cars !

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 19 Feb 21:59
LFOU, France

Southampton to CI at 5000’ VFR

By looking at the VFR chart?

Not wishing to be taking the p1$$ but that is really so simple, and the same procedure works for anywhere in the world there they support VFR and publish airspace maps.

Administrator

I wonder if it’s the same guy who asked on another site (supposedly in innocence) about a proposed routing in UK while visiting from the US. He wanted to go, amongst other stuff, Southampton to CI at 5000’ VFR. It was clearly a well informed set-up, but that didn’t stop a number of the residents over there chiming in with all sorts of advice.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The other video seems to have been made primarily for entertainment.

Monty Python kind of entertainment would that be ?

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

How many of those were aimed at a named individual?

If one searches EuroGA for that word, one finds a fairly random mix of posters and contexts, so I don’t think this leads anywhere.

Also, with the current site stats

Total Registered Users: 3533
Total Forum Threads: 8349
Total Forum Posts: 172166

most words will appear frequently enough.

as they all are, for entertainment

Many are for education / information.

Administrator

Michael wrote:

Probably not, but then again, did you see the video in question ?

Yes, I did.

Michael wrote:

… and before a get flamed again, there are over 150 hits with the word “idiot” on this forum

How many of those were aimed at a named individual?

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

I see nothing warranting name calling.

EGTF, LFTF

I think the UK video was a normal VLOG but done, as they all are, for entertainment. He seems a very competent pilot but rather cavalier about places that are not the US.

EGTK Oxford
29 Posts
Sign in to add your message