Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Yet another "new" "toy" to fly for me... (Beech 33)

Nice!

Debbie? I know ships are traditionally gurlz but thought planes were boyz

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I know ships are traditionally gurlz but thought planes were boyz

It obviously varies from language to language and between countries but I have heard people say I took her for a short spin but never him. In German ships and planes are also female whereas cars are male. Of course there are exceptions. An Airbus is male (probably because it is a bus) while a Boeing is female. I don’t know about the Stearman, though.

Last Edited by Clipperstorch at 16 Apr 12:09
EDQH, Germany

nice aircraft are female… ugly ones male

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Clipperstorch wrote:

I don’t know about the Stearman, though.

Very good! Today it is of course a Stearperson.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

@RobertL18C, it looks like a very nice Debonair. It’s a long way from Sacramento to the UK, is 63 gallons useable (I thought they have either 40 or 74?) going to be enough?

Wonderful Robert, can’t wait for the story!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Controller ad still online

Well done. I honestly thought you would never buy one for real. And certainly not in this crazy market.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Congrats, good luck with the ferry flight !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Congratulations! Looking at where the photos were taken I guess it came from Mark Pilkington? His videos are interesting if you want to stock up on totally random details :)

United Kingdom

Yes, Mark is from just up the road from where I live.

@boscomantico I think the hike in AvGas has resulted in more realism by sellers.

It has 63 usg useable, working on 90 minute reserve (45%) and 10% contingency, I plan to use block 11.5 usg per hour and 140 KTAS (55%) This gives 525nm VFR. There are three 500nm legs: Scheferville to Iqaluit, Iqaluit to Kangerlassuaq, and Hornafjordur to Wick. All these legs have diversion airports, but not all with AvGas.

At 45% LOP in effect Carson speed, range with ferry type contingencies goes to 600nm. It has a 470-N like a P35.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message