Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Yet another "new" "toy" to fly for me... (Beech 33)

Another 1965 one has just come up for sale. It’s ultra-long range, but unfortunately also ultra-high price…

Planecheck

EDIT: it also happens to be IO-550 equipped, so whilst certainly a great performer, it is of course not mogas approved.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 09 Jul 21:04
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Nice aeroplane but that price is madness. It equates to 164,000 U.S. If you were to purchase similar in States, half that price

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Low time and long range and it looks very nicely kept, so the airframe is probably sound and there won’t be much need for improvement.

However: If I understand it correctly this is the original engine which has 2100 hrs TT vs a TBO of 1700 hrs, so would be on condition unless there is information missing. No info on the times of the prop.

Avionics is an other issue… I don’t know if the MT GPS can be used to drive the AP but I don’t think it would be certified for any sort of IFR primary navigation and defilitly not LPV. Then no HSI, it would be a good candidate to upgrade with an Aspen, but the panel as is is not really contemporary.

The price is high, I agree, it merely reflects the low time cell, but other than that it is wishful thinking I belive.

On the other hand:

Beech V35K

That is a V-Bonanza from 1959 with only 2000 hrs total time, the Continental IO-470-C engine (MOGAS but will need the STC) and the Beech Prop. It has 112 USG fuel capacity and is “reasonably” equipped with a GNS430 and an S-Tec 50 AP. Me thinks with an Aspen upgrade (or two G5) and a WAAS upgrade of the GNS430 this could be an interesting plane. Engine hours are also not too bad. It’s certainly a classic ! And it’s less than half the price of the Debonair…

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 10 Jul 09:33
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

if anyone is looking fpr a f33 this looks a bit more realistic on price i have no relation to the seller just noticed the offer
https://www.pilotundflugzeug.de/forum/2018,07,06,18,1753475

fly2000

Peter_Paul wrote:

f anyone is looking fpr a f33 this looks

Really liked his video on the german advert!

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Took the Debonair up for a small local bimble out of Mainz today.

Since earlier this summer, this aircraft has undergone the first part of a major panel/avionics upgrade. It has now got a GNS530W, an engine monitor, an new audio panel and a Garmin G5. It’s got rid of the suction system in the process. Still got the old Beech autopilot.

We just me on board, little fuel and low temperatures, she climbed like crazy. And this was at 25 squared, not even all forward…

In level flight. Needless to say, flying her was a joy. Beeches are really great!

The second part of the panel upgrade will be done this winter. The GFC500 is now finally STCed for the BE33, so that one will got in instead of the old Beech AP, thus making the aircraft fully ready for IFR flights.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 01 Dec 19:53

This forum should have a Beech 33 (Continental 520) vs TB20 thread :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I like Bonanzas. Especially the really early V-tail models without the modification for the third window. They look so classic.

Some more info on the Debonair. This one is pretty much the same as the subject plane of this thread, a 1965 C33. Only differences: this one here has got the modern-type, swept windshield, which looks much nicer (however, I understand this mod is a laborious and thus expensive one). On the other hand, I definitely prefer the three-blade prop.

Finally, part 2 of the panel upgrade is completed on triple six four Charlie. Now with 2xG5, plus the long-awaited GFC500 AP. Can‘t wait to fly it somewhere.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 27 Jun 17:01
Sign in to add your message