Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

First "Long nav" during IFR training

lionel wrote:

I never heard about such a requirement.

I don’t know about EASAland, but it is a requirement for the FAA IR (I will do exactly that on Saturday). Here it is min 250nm with three different types of approach (e.g. RNAV, ILS, LOC) at different airports. You do it IFR with an instructor. There is no solo component in the FAA IR training.

172driver wrote:

I don’t know about EASAland, but it is a requirement for the FAA IR (I will do exactly that on Saturday). Here it is min 250nm with three different types of approach (e.g. RNAV, ILS, LOC) at different airports. You do it IFR with an instructor. There is no solo component in the FAA IR training.

There is no solo component in EASA IR training either.

EASA IR training is divided into two modules — basic and procedural. I can find detailed requirements for the basic module in the AMC/GM to part-FCL, but oddly enough not for the procedural module. Any cross-country flight would be in the procedural module.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

IFR training flights down mid Germany from Denmark I first recommend Hannover EDDV, very GA friendly but keep in mind although H24 the GAT closes 2200-0600 LCL, so PPR may apply, information which will be given to you by phone or mail usually quick. Second recommendation, Hamburg EDDH, now GA friendly. Third, friendly Erfurt EDDE, also good for overnight stay (take the tram if, taxis were extremely expensive). Bremen is good for low approach ;-). Lubeck is good for nothing, long cutpurse tradition, if you go there do any business with them cash for service and beware of getting through their book keeping, they tend to ‘forget’ contract settings to their favor. Munster-Osnabruck and Paderborn-Lippstadt are nice training areas also.

13 Posts
Sign in to add your message