Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

French airspace changes from ATC union papers

I read somewhere Melun/Seine is severely under staffed.
All I know about the new Seine FIS is

• here
  • and that Chevreuse last Friday gave the new Seine frequency (127,815) to VFR departures. The pilot didn’t came back to complain.

It is not great to split VFR and IFR with different levels of service but given their bad staffing, I guess they just prioritize their missions

About LFOT, I read that 4 ex-LFOT (military) controllers were hired by DGAC to man LFOT tower.
The vision is to implement the first remote ATC tower there around 2025.

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

It is not great to split VFR and IFR with different levels of service but given their bad staffing, I guess they just prioritize their missions

It’s good to hear VFR/IFR traffic talking on same frequency in Echo, especially in days with BKN020-BKN040…the SIV does not offer VFR/IFR separation in Echo when one changes levels on departure & arrival (you get some in cruise above 3kft amsl by semi-circular rule), with two frequencies, that will make quirky transits in Echo along 2kft-4kft band with broken weather?

Obviously, one can tune and listen on two frequencies….

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Apr 12:17
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@Jujupilote – Yep, it was last thursday. Skydemon highlighted the Notam, and the new frequency was in SD too, which auto updated the french chart that morning, and the Sup was as your link said, unattainable – I recall just going “shrug” but noting SDs changes from the previous evening so not being worried. Kudos to Skydemon!!

But it wasnt just Seine info which was silent. Paris info was also “offline” for a good 30-40mins that I heard personally that morning, with multiple calls from pilots without response. Belga Radar saying they had “technical difficulties” on query going back to them.

Regards, SD..

Chevreuse last Friday gave the new Seine frequency (127,815) to VFR departures. The pilot didn’t came back to complain.

Well, this pilot went back to Paris info and questioned it getting the “not my area”. And then eventually spoke to Nantes info early. I brought it up here as I have only once had any French FIS be so casually unhelpfull before, and that was Seine info during Covid on the way back from the UK, which at the time I put down as the excuse, a Notam was in effect saying ATC services across france might be limited back then, but hey, hardly anyone was flying at the time!!

Just as a data point: Paris Info (125.700) was great today. Has radar and uses it („radar contact“). Knew about restricted areas. And the guy was so chilled! „Cleared“ everybody direct, no questions asked. „Don‘t worry“ was his favourite phrase to anxious foreign pilots. Even closed my flightplan whilst still in the air. I have nothing to complain about.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Were you flying SE or SW sectors?

125.700 is the area north of Paris.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Paris Info (125.700) was great today.

Well yes. They were great when they got up and running on that first first day – as helpful as ever.
But that sector isnt the one being discussed.

Regards, SD..

Tadam ! The airspace change around LFPT is about to come !

Pontoise TMA is taken over by Le Bourget, keeping roughly the same boundaries but becomes H24
A new FIS sector NW of Paris is created on a new frequency. It will be manned by Le Bourget and only be active on weekends (at least for now). It goes from Evreux TMA to Beauvais TMA to Chevreuse FIS. It is almost a joined-up ATC on the western side of Paris.
It says the FIS will be extended in the future to cover the NE of Paris.
Pontoise CTR is unchanged.

It will all start beginning of December.

Amazing news for us weekend pilots

LFOU, France

IFR: Pontoise will change to be managed by LeBourget Approach instead of Charles-De-Gaule Approach but the setup is similar to what is already for Beauvais (one talks to LBG APP)

VFR: things are getting way better with more FIS and joined service ouest of Pais, with joined SIV service provided by Lille SIV, Beauvais SIV, LeBourget SIV, Chevreuse SIV

Previously, when flying VFR to Toussus, one get to swapped 7000 and bye-bye after passing in Golf/Echo (only Pontoise/Beauvais had handovers on Delta/Delta boundary)

Last Edited by Ibra at 23 Oct 11:36
Sign in to add your message