Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Friedrichshafen Aero 2023 - the long way around

IO390 wrote:

The website doesn’t mention slot booking or PPR. Can anyone confirm if you can just “show up” there during the show weekend?

It’s first come, first served. I will also fly to Konstanz from 20 – 22 April.

Last Edited by jvdo at 12 Mar 15:32
EBMO, EBKT

Thanks all for the input.

I’m thinking Konstanz is a better option, plus they have fuel, so one less thing to worry about. Don’t want to run the risk of problems at Markdorf.

The website doesn’t mention slot booking or PPR. Can anyone confirm if you can just “show up” there during the show weekend?

On the outbound leg, I have booked a room in Douzy, nearby LFSJ. On the return leg, I will stop at EBSH, with the hotel/restaurant on the airfield. Clearing immigration at LFAT, both ways.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

United Kingdom

In Belgium i would look at the area of EBZH or EBST. That time of the year you might be very lucky with the blooming fruit trees in that area.
The fruit trees will be more in the area of EBST, which has a concrete runway and a new hangar.
EBZH is the oldest airfield in Belgium and has a small grass strip (600m)

EBZW, Belgium

Might see you there, if I’m airworthy by then!
I am planning for Konstanz, which was great last time in 2018.
Can recommend LFSJ for grass & short walk in to town.

United Kingdom

IO390 wrote:

A Bristell in the UK is an LAA permit only (technically SEP).

That depends on the Bristell model, doesn’t it? AFAIU the B23 is not an EASA LSA but a regular ICAO CofA aircraft.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I would be careful Markdorf. They like to check aircraft arriving there.

Check the general permit angle. I know France allows British „permit“ aircraft without further formalities, but what about Germany, Switzerland and Belgium?

Nice, small, but public, non FR-only airfields with the town in very easy walking distance are LFFT, LFGE, LFGQ, LFQH. At LFSH, while the actual town is a bit further away, there is a hotel/restaurant close by.

For the beautiful southwest of Belgium: EBSH has hotel/restaurant on the field. Town is an extended walk. EBSG has a lot of stuff nearby, but nothing pretty.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

In Germany, UL < 600kg, so it should be fine only in UK & France where one is stuck with +/-50kg or +/-75kg differences and variants

See you in EDNY !

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Feb 23:14
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Well, “ultralight” doesn’t exist for G reg :)

I’ll take a look at EDMZ too anyway, good to have options.

United Kingdom

As i read it: only for Aircraft registred as Ultralights. Not weight dependent

Markdorf is a glider field, but is open for UL during AERO, but you could try to contact the Airfield about that

Edit: probalby works if you look like an UL 😄

Last Edited by Matt_FK at 18 Feb 21:54
Austria

Thanks for the responses. LFGR looks a good option too – ideally I want to fly about 3hrs/3 legs per day, that way I have no time pressures, other than to arrive at the destination by sunset.

@Matt_FK I see Markdorf is UL only but my understanding is that this means <600KG? Mine is permit, not “microlight” but 499KG. @Ibra is right that it can be both, though mine is too heavy in reality.

Edit: skydemon pilot notes for Markdorf says a UK Bristell went there last year. A Bristell in the UK is an LAA permit only (technically SEP).

Last Edited by IO390 at 18 Feb 21:40
United Kingdom
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message