Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Friendly and affordable airfields in Spain

Very nice. Thanks for posting!

Don't get too slow
LECU, Spain

Great post from Terbang and some follow-up by aart. Thank you both.

EDMB, Germany

Great information in this post. Thank you.
This nice hotel with a runway ticks many boxes. Never heard of it before. I don’t understand why it is not more famous among GA.

LFOU, France

Great collection!

My flying experience in mainland Spain is limited, but I would like to add Castellón (LECN) just south of LECH to the list. The approach is beautiful, local crowd friendly, and it is one of these airfields where after landing, you can be on the beach within 10 minutes.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

You can actually be on the beach before that if you misjudge the landing Patrick
Yes, a very nice field. A few holes on the runway but not serious. Listen out for parajumper activity and beware of the guy that runs the ARO. He’s a nice guy but usually pulls jokes on unsuspecting people by being grumpy and talking only in his mother tongue, Bulgarian AFAIR. I’ve called him Putin last summer when I went there I but I’ll won’t do that again.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Great post, does wonders for Spain‘s GA image!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Yes, although these airfields still don’t have:

• IFR / night
  • customs, not even on demand
  • English ATS
  • public transport or rental cars and are usually way out in the boons

so they are of somewhat limited use for the foreign traveller/visitor.

It’s the same in Italy. Virtually all the airline airports are terrible, but the GA-only airports don’t offer IFR/night and customs or rental cars.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I would imagine that’s because neither country sees GA aircraft coming from abroad and needing IAPs and or night facilities being significant. ÌMO that is reflected in much of Europe, and I can’t see that changing much.🙃

France
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message