Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fuel in Norway and Sweden - building a register of small airfields with 100LL / 91 etc. that take CASH or credit or debit cards.

We are planning a last minute trip to try and get to the very north of Norway. The act of flying is looking like the easy part. There are some fantastic articles about trips to Norway but the common theme seems to be fuel. We only have lowly credit and debit cards, which makes it nigh on impossible to get fuel at any major airport. It would be great if we could build a databse of airfields happy to make some money from us and sell us AVGAS….

I’ve spent hours this morning trying to get Avinor, AFSN, Air Bp, anyone who answers a phone, to help and my frontal lobe is getting quite fed up.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

We plan to set off on Saturday for a a couple of weeks, SR22, tents and hiking boots so any other suggestions about great places to visit will be gratefully recieved, and I promise to do a big write up on the whole thing.

Thank you anyone in advance!

Jamie

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Pig wrote:

We only have lowly credit and debit cards, which makes it nigh on impossible to get fuel at any major airport

at least 2 years ago rocketroute app (demo version) allowed to pay for BP fuel..

EETU, Estonia

When I flew to North Cape in 2018 it was possible to get 100LL at Bodø, Bardufoss, Tromsø, Alta and Lakselv/Banak. Maybe that has changed now.

You should also be able to get 100LL in Sweden at ESNQ, ESNG(both of these requires coordination with the local aero club), ESNX, ESNL and others further south. Might be easy to pass Sweden on the way home. Send me a PM if you need more info.

But you should really get a BP Carnet.

Last Edited by Fly310 at 22 Aug 16:38
ESSZ, Sweden

no longer doing it sadly …..

Pig
If only I’d known that….

thanks Fly310 – it’s all gone to Air BP – and yes, you are very right, I will get one – if only by Friday….

I’ll try those suggestions, thanks again

Jamie

Pig
If only I’d known that….

Definitely get an AirBP-card, otherwise, you might have big issues getting any fuel at the major airports. As it requires normally 2-4 weeks, before you’ll receive your cards, I highly doubt this will work out until Saturday. Maybe try to give AirBP a call and explain them your situation, but still… You are also dependent on how quick your local mail gets delivered.

Other than that, you can try to get fuel at small private airstrips with Avgas availability. You can’t expect self-service there, so you need to organize someone upfront. In addition, they might accept Vipps or cash only, which makes the entire process even more difficult. As Vipps is still only available for local residents, you need to organize some cash, or you can try to agree on Paypal (attention: very bad currency exchange rates!) or bank transfer as payment method.

AFAIK, you can use debit or creditcards to buy Avgas in:

• Kjeller (ENKJ)
  • Elverum-Starmoen (ENSM)

Maybe someone from Norway can add some more airfields to the list?

Last Edited by Frans at 22 Aug 18:37
Switzerland

It used to be possible to pay by credit card in ENVA, but I’m not sure it still works (last time I tried and it worked was 4 years ago…).
If you are stopping in Trondheim area this week-end, let me know!

ENVA, Norway

Sad that you had to cancel. For future reference, cash is almost gone in Sweden. Personally, I haven’t had a bill or any coins for years (and wallet has turned digital with Apple Pay). We use the mobile payment system Swish (similar to Vipps) for easy quick payments or debit/credit cards. Unfortunately only available for locals. For fuel, I would do careful research before and contact each point to clarify payment solutions before I go. I echo the suggestion to apply for an AirBP carnet as well!

ESOW, Sweden

I bought 100LL at the Torp flying club ENTO (NE corner of the airfield, opposite side to the terminal) with Mastercard 2 weeks ago.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Thank you everyone for your airfield suggestions – really really helpful.

I’m building a map of all this an after the trip I’ll post a photo of it as it may be helpful to others.

Agin, thank you for the responses

Jamie

Pig
If only I’d known that….
34 Posts
Sign in to add your message