Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

German / Swiss noise-dependent landing charges / noise certificate (merged thread)

Oh yes - a similar one. However I ought to use something that looks good in Switzerland also.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The noise certification information is given in section 4-28 of the POH and this is supposed to be acceptable everywhere. Certainly, I have never had it refused.

EGSC

I’ve seen that many (all?) German airports have different landing charges depending on noise level.

What is required (both in terms of noise level and paperwork) to get the lower charges?

My aircraft has an ICAO noise certificate stating 78,2 dBA on takeoff measured according to Annex 16, Volume I, Chapter 10.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

That should do, but you have to show it when you pay the landing fee

Thanks!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I’ve seen that many (all?) German airports have different landing charges depending on noise level.
What is required (both in terms of noise level and paperwork) to get the lower charges? My aircraft has an ICAO noise certificate stating 78,2 dBA on takeoff measured according to Annex 16, Volume I, Chapter 10.

That won’t help, I fly an Archer 3, 2005 with 77dBa on takeoff and it’s considered to be “slightly better than normal” but doesn’t give me a massive saving…. AFAIR, to get a significant reduction based on noise, you need to be under 70dBA or under 55dBa to get the improved reduction due to noise levels. When you first land at a German airport, take your aircraft logbook with noise certificate up to the Flugleiter (C) and they’ll work out the cost. When landing a second time, they’ll have the data……

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 15 Apr 23:23
EDL*, Germany

What if you come from abroad? Nobody I know have a noise certificate for their aircraft or even know where to get one. Never even heard of it.

Adam, FAA registered can make their own.

EGTK Oxford

They have to. It is mandatory to carry it when operating an N-reg. abraod.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

BTW, that is not a German invention, it’s 100% ICAO. It’s just that Germany, Switzerland and Austria are some of the very few countries using it as the basis of landing fees and landing restrictions.

In CAT, it is much more widespread. The end of commercial aviation with Tupolevs in Europe is mostly due to excessive landing charges due to noise. For the same reason you wouldn’t operate Garret turbines over here.

Sign in to add your message