Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

German / Swiss noise-dependent landing charges / noise certificate (merged thread)

At Friedrichshafen, I just said I had a Swedish noise certificate and got the lower landing fee – they didn’t even bother to look at it. (Which was just as well, for I noticed afterwards that my co-pilot had mistakenly brought the Airworthiness Certificate!)

Hannover also accepted this noise certificate.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I specifically asked them if they wanted to see a noise certificate and they said NO.

How much should I have paid for a TB20 and 3 nights’ parking?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

65 € + 3 * 15 €

Would this be right, for pilot and one passenger, 3 nights’ parking, and show admission for 3 days?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That looks correct to me.

Yup. We also paid €65+30. (We arrived after the fair had closed Thursday, so we bought our tickets separately.)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The reason they didn’t ask you for the noise certificate is that during Aero, they operate a package deal (= a rip-off) where the fee is 65€ without any differentiation concerning noise.

Another case when one isn’t asked for the certificate is when one has been to the place before and the noise status has been saved in the aircraft (= customer) database of the airfield.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 21 Apr 16:32
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

What is it with this “noise certificate”? Is it purely a German thing to raise money or is it everywhere in mainland Europe? What if your aircraft does not have one? Should I be wary when going into Dusseldorf? I cannot see that “taxing” an aircraft over noise is a good scheme (or maybe it really is!) since there is little one can do to reduce noise if the appropriate CAA will not allow modification without tremendously excessive cost implications.

UK, United Kingdom

Noise certificates are a worldwide ICAO standard. Every aircraft should have one, the FAA requires all aircraft travelling abroad to carry one.

Germany, Switzerland and others use it to determine landing charges. That is a very sensible thing only some details about it do not make sense (e.g. Chapter X vs Chapter VI). Noise dependent charges are the reason we no longer find Tupolev airliners in Europe.

That is a very sensible

Hmm, not sure I agree. At least not based on a piece of paper, no matter what chapter.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 21 Apr 17:27
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message