Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GNX375 install in combination with an ADL190

I mentioned I would report back on the progress on removing the kln90B and replacing it with a GNX375 in combination with and ADL190 device. We did some other things also I kicked out the old shadin and replaced with a JPI FS450 and installed a new fuel flow sensor, interfaced this with a G4. Basically the old fuel flow sender from Shadin inside a box is exactly the same as the new one from JPI a floscan….
We installed also some nulites lastly and my mechanic refurbished the door, he also installed a new door seal on my Bonanza.
The installation is done and I have performed a couple of test flights. So still WIP so this a sneek preview….

The SN3500 was upgraded with roll steering ( a code that had to be entered in the SN maintenance pages)
What was a big change in OPS is that you fly basically in HDG mode to engage LNAV on the SN you have to push it it then it goes to LNAV ARM and then to LNAV were the HDG disappears. I have flown a holding with A 25Kts wind and I was amazed how good this works. For sure better then I will be ever able to fly this manually ….
Till now I was only able to check the visual approach that you can fly now with Garmins and honestly it brought me straight to the RWY threshold perfectly. I believe the difference with an official LPV is that your touch down calculation is further down the runway like on an ILS.
Unfortunately the AP does not go yet in vertical guidance or full approach mode this is something we still need to figure out and it has to something with ARINC label 261 (SBAS service level) to be recognised by the sandel. I need find the time to update the maintenance page 7 with the GPS settings…..

Also the ADL is interfaced with the GARMIN unit so I can upload a flight plan from autorouter directly to Garmin Pilot and straight into the GNX375 via garmin connext.
The FIS-B data transmit from ADL works though I still need to figure out some stuff, so you can check the METAR and TAFs on the GNX which is handy in flight.
I use also Skydemon and most off the traffic is detected by ADL ADS-B in. The garmin unit doesn’t see much ADS-B traffic as that was to be expected with the whole non certified ADS-B story in europe. My choice for the GNX was mainly to have a US compliant ADS-B install and have the transponder encoder replaced by a small unit from Garmin of course able to interface garmin pilot and FIS-B with ADL was a factor…

EBST

Interesting there is no input. Maybe the GNX375 is just too rare.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

hahaha….yes or its a too nerdy topic :-), although the unit offers some real advantages in terms of interfacing. Most of the stuff you can do a GTN 750 are easily replicated over the Garmin pilot tablet. I think the unit offers a lot of value for money…
Btw anyone having issues with bluetooth pairing on a android Garmin connext? It works on my phone a google pixel 7a and my very old samsung tablet however with an M9 Lenovo I can’t seem to get the checkmark on the unit although it recognises it tried a lot of things…. The garmin Pilot app doesn’t seem to find somehow..alltough its listed on the GNX.

For whats its worth, people considering upgrading from a KLN device the ARINC wires are almost identical if you have it interfaced with a EHSI able to digest ARINC. The main difference is that you need less discrete inputs as all data goes over the ARINC bus.
Next weekend, if the weather allows, I will check out if the SN3500 and AP will now be triggered by the Aproach label 261 (SBAS service level) coming from the GNX.

Last Edited by Vref at 26 Feb 10:48
EBST
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message