Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Goodwood Festival of Speed

Is anyone going down for the Goodwood FOS this year? I went last year because I had a free landing / entry voucher from one of the flying mags (Pilot I think). However, I spoke to someone down there today who wasn’t quite sure but quoted £235 landing fee! He wasn’t clear if that included entry into the festival or not – but I’m wondering if that is the correct price?

If it is… does anyone have a workaround – like a landing voucher I could use / buy from somewhere else??

Goodwood, on the event day, is unbelievably expensive. They charge this (for a piece of grass) because they can.

To be fair, however, the road traffic in the vicinity is horrible and multi-hour traffic jams on what is already a traffic jam blackspot on the A27 are normal, so people would like to fly there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I drove down a few years back and would never do it again Peter, for exactly that reason – I’m sure I spent well over an hour getting out of the festival and about a mile along the A27. £235 though is a phenomenal landing fee – must the most expensive landing fee for a PA28 at any event and I can’t imagine that they have many flying in because of it.

I don’t suppose you know of any motorbike taxis that could get me through the traffic there and back from Shoreham do you?

I have no idea, and would suggest checking the fee for parking a vehicle there too. I doubt it is free. I’ve never been there however – cars don’t interest me

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was lucky enough to visit the FOS before Goodwood decided to put the landing fees up for the event. It was an excellent service, with a free bacon sandwich and classic car transport to the hill but then they started charging elevated landing charges and furthermore those charges were applied to every seat in the aeroplane, regardless of occupancy!
So, I haven’t been back since. I will say that if I were to go, I would prefer to attend the historics event in September than the FOS.

Forever learning
EGTB
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message