Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GTN 650/750 procedure

I’m trying to understand how the GPS transitions on to the procedure and don’t really get it.
For instance placing the aircraft north of EGBJ at GIKNI. Then seleting the EGBJ NDB 27 with transition GST.
I would think the right thing to do is taking up the hold at GST and then go outbound.
The GPS will make a almost 100 degree turn straight outbound. I thought you needed to be within 30 degrees to go straight outbound?

Last Edited by pmh at 29 May 10:30
pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Looking into this. EBGJ should be EGBJ I would guess?

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

I don’t recognize GIKNI, but coming from the North, the RNAV arrival to RWY27 via LAPKU is easiest…. But if you must fly the NDB approach, even entering the hold would also require a near 90 degree turn with parallel entry….

Last Edited by AnthonyQ at 29 May 10:35
YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Yes, sorry. Post edited.
I’m using a GTN trainer recently downloaded. SW version 6.01.0 Trainer. GPS version 99.9

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Unfortunatly these procedures are unavailable in the simulator I have installed now. Have to look at this later.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Can you post the approach chart?

KUZA, United States

Where did you get this 30 degree rule from?

pmh wrote:

The GPS will make a almost 100 degree turn straight outbound. I thought you needed to be within 30 degrees to go straight outbound?

The 30° degree rules is for turning outbound on a base turn. When you are entering a racetrack, there are no such limitations. Just like a hold, a racetrack is designed to accommodate the maximum possible turn angle for each entry sector. For a parallell entry, the track change can be up to 115°.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

NCYankee I will email you the chart for EGBJ.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Airborne_Again wrote:

The 30° degree rules is for turning outbound on a base turn. When you are entering a racetrack, there are no such limitations. Just like a hold, a racetrack is designed to accommodate the maximum possible turn angle for each entry sector. For a parallell entry, the track change can be up to 115°.

As I see it the GPS is tracking straight outbound without entering a racetrack

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message