Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hangar or Parking availability near Amsterdam?

Hi all,

So I bought out my other partners in the SR22 I keep in the UK, and it’s time I bring it over to the Netherlands. Does anyone know of any parking or hangar available near Amsterdam? I think the following airports are a reasonable drive from my place:

• EHLE – Lelystad (0:50 drive)
  • EGHV – Hilversum (0:50 drive)
  • EHRD – Rotterdam (1:00 drive)
  • EHTE – Teuge (1:30 drive)

The aircraft is currently parked outside so there is no hard requirement for a covered hangar, just any space will do. Is there any airport I might be missing from my list? Any persons I could contact to help my search get started?

Many thanks in advance!

EGLD, Netherlands

I can put you in touch with someone in Teuge if required.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Hilversum (EHHV) is much less than 50 mins (more like 30 depending on where you’re going). If a short grass strip is a reasonable option, then that’s definitely the most convenient. All of the fields you mentioned have parking, depending on how long you’ll be staying. If staying a few days at least I’d do EHRD just because your chances of getting in/out are higher. EHHV tends to close a lot due to wet grass, as the field is unusually susceptible to getting mushy.

EHRD, Netherlands

Thanks for the responses!

So the plan is to find some sort of parking for a year or two. My plane has been parked outside since I bought it in 2015, so it’s no hangar queen.

I’ve landed at Hilversum a couple of times; the runway, although on the short end for an SR22, is quite manageable.

EGLD, Netherlands

I’ve been based at both EHHV and now have my airplane hangared at EHRD. If you just fly for fun in the best of weather and don’t care if your flights actually happen, then Hilversum is a fun, convenient field with a lot of character. But Cirruses are traveling machines, so you don’t find many there. We have many in my hangar, as Rotterdam is just about perfect if you use your airplane for real travel and want 24/7 + IFR procedures. I also have contacts for the very small number of tie-downs at the field if you’re not up for the €500 per month hangar rent.

EHRD, Netherlands

A hangar neighbour used to keep his G-reg PA32 hangared in Breda (EHSE) for few months, I don’t know what kind of arrangements he had but he used to run some business there, maybe too far away from Amesterdam but they may work as temporary solution

https://www.breda-airport.eu/en/home-en/

Last Edited by Ibra at 14 Mar 20:29
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message